On Thursday I turned 13! I don't exactly feel any different but I'm a teenager now! I got my hair cut so those of you who are in SGC don't be surprised when you see me. It's rather short-but not as short as I've had it before. Now I shall tell you about something half funny and half sad. On the day before Mattea's birthday the Wilber's found out that there was to be the biggest storm in the the history of this Winter right on Mattea's Birthday! Mattea was like "Sure I've been wanting a REALLY big snowstorm, but why will it have to hit on my Birthday!?" It was also ironic that the night before her Dad had said that they would probably get 13 inces on her birthday. Mattea said maybe 13 centimeters. Well, her birthday came and sure enough, there was a lot of snow on the ground and the public schools were closed. Mattea's Dad was able to drive Mattea and her Mom to the hair apointment. After that they decided to pick up the $50 dollar Confections sheet cake for caregroup that night since they had snacks. They got a quick bite to eat then went shopping at Old Navy for like, an hour and a half with the WHOLE store to themselves except for the "Helper People". (Jessica, if you are reading this, I got a pair of jeans for only $9!:^) After buying some clothes, they got a call from Maryah on the cell phone saying that "Caregroup is cancelled due to the snow". Mattea, Mom, and Dad were shocked. What were they going to do with a sheet cake and no one to share it with? Well, they decided, we will just have to do our best and then freeze the rest. They got home, ate supper, sang "Happy Birthday" cut open the cake and low and behold the cake was PINK!!!!!! Mom went on to say that she had tried to order an amaretto cake but, since they had switched owners, the cake people said they did not make plain amaretto but they did make CHERRY amaretto. Mom said that would be fine as long as the cherry didn't make it PINK. She did NOT want a PINK cake. If the cherry was PINK then she wanted Almond. Even though she stressed the word PINK many times they did not listen and made us a PINK cake. We know who won't be ordering from them any time soon......So other than that, I had a GREAT birhtday.
Mattea
2 comments:
13, girl you are so old! and i thought 14 was old, no sir 13 is old
Whatever you say Beth.......:o)
Post a Comment