Monday, February 11, 2008

Coca~Cola Crackdown

My devotionals are very interesting. VERY interesting. A couple of days ago it was about being "the real thing" inside and out. On the outside Coca-Cola is very good....thats a fact. But on the inside....here are some other facts about that soft drink that are well...interesting. And scary. But its funny because the auther herself is addicted to everything coca-cola (she owns the mugs, the t-shirts, the puzzles, the utensils, a coke bottle from every country she's visted....so it might have been hard for her to admit all this stuff that I'm about to tell you). lol....Here goes nothing:
**In many states, highway patrol cars carry two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.
**If you can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke, the steak will be gone in 3 days.
**To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coke into the toilet bowl . Let "the real thing" sit for one hour and then flush clean.
**To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: rub the bumper with a crumpled up peice of aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
**To losen a rusted bolt: Apply a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
**To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of Coke into a laod of greasy clothes. Add detergent and run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen the grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your winshield.
**The active ingredient in coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH is 2.8. It will desolve a nail in about 4 days.
**To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate), a comercial truck must use the "hazadouse materials" place cards reserved for highly corrosive materials.
**The distributers of Coke have been using it to clean the engines of thier trucks for more then 20 years.

Aren't those crazy???!!!! I'm never drinking Coke again!! (at least for a little while anyways).

It is freaking cold here today!! The high is only 10 degrees. Last night there were wind chills of -25. I'm wearing sweatpants under my jeans, socks with my slippers, my heaviest sweater, and I just took off a scarf and hat becuase I am finally starting to get warm. lol...

Have a great day!! I dare you to drink a Coke!!!

Post Script: My spell checker still refuses to work....

5 comments:

-Phyllis+ said...

where do u find all these cool facts?

ya know what? I'm going to try that. I'll put a nail in a bowl of coke and see who long it takes to dissovle.

Anonymous said...

ewww...
well...I don't like coke anyway...so oh well!
haha =D
Hey...it was great to see you on sunday!
And gosh...I still laugh about the thing we did on facebook...hahahaha
I love you chica!
*hugs*
~anna

mattea kiriel said...

It was in my devotionals--the auther was trying to prove some point.

yeah and tell me how long it takes for it to dissolve!!!

Anna, Jarred is prolly gonna kill us this sunday....

Anonymous said...

yeah, i knew all of those... and i still drink coke. Actually, I'm not that concerned. Think of it, your stomach has natural acids that are just as powerful as coke. Your stomach has a natural lining that can easily endure acid(s). So don't worry, coke is still drinkable. Even if it is loaded with needless sugars and high fructose corn syrup.

Ummm... i think i'll go get some apple juice....

Anonymous said...

youu spelled "future" wrong....