
I am very sick and tired of getting "Happy Holidays" at the store, in "Christmas" cards, and seeing it on TV. My Dad was talking to a Walmart employee and she said that if she were to wish him a Merry Christmas, she would be fired. What ever happened to freedom of speech? At this rate pretty soon Christmas trees will be illegal merchandise. Actually I did get one Merry Christmas this year at Walmart. Back before Halloween an employee was cutting some fabric for me....and afterwards he wished me "merry christmas". Hahahaha, it was so random I laughed out loud. Musta been before the new law was passed. :p
Yesterday we went to hear Nick preach. It was the best Christmas message I've ever heard. It was only 15-20 minutes long because of the various different things they were doing that sunday, but it was great because since it was so short, he had to make it very straight forward and to the point. Basically it was about living the birth of Christ out loud, all year long. As an analogy he spoke of how every year you unpack the different decorations. Specifically a snow globe. He has a few snow globes that sits up on the mantle and they just give him this warm, fuzzy sort of feeling you know? I think we all have a decoration like that. Nick went on to say that that is how to many people view God as. Someone who gets unpacked at christmas time and gives us this nice cozy feeling. But then gets boxed up and shoved in a closet come January. We need to get God out of our "snow globes" and into US. So that His light radiates through us for all to see. And maybe then we can do something about the whole "happy holidays" scam.
Oh the snow is blowing. It is bitter cold outside and every now and then we get a big gust of wind and it blows the snow so that you get a white out. Rather exciting but the whole thing is too cold for me thank you very much.
I can't wait till Christmas!!!!
3 comments:
Hey, is it really a law?
Hey, is it really a law?
no, it isn't actually a law LAW. Its just a rule in that particular walmart.
Post a Comment