Mom and Dad left Monday morning for Venice Italy. The main goal is for them to be able to pick up Andrew next Monday and bring him home, but they decided to celebrate their 20th and 25th wedding anniversaries (because they have never had a chance to lol) by turning it into a vacation. They plan to travel all throughout Italy, and maybe some of the bordering countries as well. So far they have been to SBI to visit Andrew, Verona, and Varenna.
As for here on the home front....its been...different. Occasionally I get this sort of lost feeling....like "wait...what on earth am I doing?".....but for the most part, all the kids have been good. And I haven't had an "I miss Mommy" meltdown yet. Which is quite an accomplishment on the kids part.
Tuesday morning the power went out (of course it would do that while the parents were away) for several hours which was very very annoying. But it was back on in time for lunch.
Just a sec, I have to calm Sanna, she thinks there are monsters under the bed by which she is playing and a dust bunny snail in the cracks of the floor boards.....
Okay, monsters and Sanna subdued. Where was I? Ah yes, the power outage. Well, I'm done with that topic actually so MOVING ON!
Every evening we go down to eat supper at grandma and grandpa's and then spend the night there. The first two nights went just fine but last night I was woken up by Isaac at 2:00am. He said there was a bat (as in the flying mouse, not the bat you hit a ball with) in his room (the wing of the house where we sleep is very old and right underneath the dreaded attic which is filled with who knows what including bats and squirrels and the like).
So Isaac said that there was no way he was going to go back to sleep with a bat in his room. I told him that there was not a bat in his room -- it was just behind the walls or something (I've dealt with this situation before...only it was several years ago with Maryah and my cousin Kaela). He said that it was going to bore through the wall and get into his room {me: can bats do that??}. So I just told him to sleep on the floor of the little girls room. He said that he wanted to wake Grandpa so they could catch the bat. I said no, do not wake Grandpa {because I was pretty sure there was no bat to begin with}. Okay, he said, I'll just sleep in the girls' room. Which is what he did but it took me an hour to fall back asleep after that....
And then I woke up with a soar throat and cold, which is very annoying when you have no mommy to care for you. lol. Actually, its not that bad...I've had worse =)
I've also been studying like crazy for the SAT which is in 10 or 12 days. Really the thing I'm worried about is the math, which I didn't think would be a problem, but it is. Mostly because my Alg 2 book only has 3 lessons on Functions in the additional topics, and it explains it very nicely, accept it doesn't deal with the more complex functions that you find on the SAT. Sooo....maybe I'll have to resort to google.
And I am SOOOOOO excited because even though it is 40 and rainy today, tomorrow it will be 76 and then for the next couple of days after that it will be in the mid-80's!! *hallelujah chorus inserted here*
2 comments:
Wow. Mattea how many days are you alone with them?!
Damaris did that with us when our Mom went to take care of her sister (who had cancer) and I always remember and appreciate it.
7 nights and eight days.
Yeah..the unfortunate thing is that Sanna won't remember all that I did for her....*sigh*.....
hahahahaha
Post a Comment