Friday, July 31, 2009
Bright
This past week has been quite rainy. Actually, the whole summer has. Mom and I have deemed this summer as "the summer that never came". Though there is a chance August will send us some summer weather but its not looking to hopeful......So anywho, there is one thing that is good about the rain. It makes the flowers all pop out because they are so bright and everything else is so...blah. So I went around taking pictures of them, shielding the camera so it wouldn't get wet. Here are a few of them.
A tiger lily. This is one of my friends favorite flowers, so I'll often think of her if I see one. (We have tons of tiger lilies around here--they come up like weeds, but are much prettier).
Our door that we painted orange this past spring. Some of the neighbors think its quirky but I happen to like it very much. It makes me happy whenever I see it. Just because nobody else has an orange door in PA doesn't mean it doesn't look nice.
Bee balm. They look like fireworks going off.
And of course you couldn't forget the sunflower.....
Ah yes. Brown-eyed susans. Actually, they are called black-eyed-susans but since I have an aunt susan we don't call them that out of respect for her. lol
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
great pics, MK! I'm sorry you've had such an awful summer weather-wise. It's been really great down here *sheepish grin*, eheheh.
Do you have any pics from NYC?
~Han
Oh yeah! I was gonna put some of those up. I can't believe I forgot. :p
Wow. Your door looks awesome. I don't usually comment on people's doors. Ha ha ha ha.
Post a Comment