Friday, September 18, 2009

"Little Girls, Little Girls

Everywhere I look I...See them. Some women are dripping with diamonds. Some women are dripping with pearls. But lucky me, lucky me, look at what I'm dripping with.... LITTLE GIRLS!!" ["little girls" from the Annie movie]

Hahahaa.....I felt like singing that today. Sanna had two of her little friends over, and Misha and Maryah had their friends over....and Isaac and Andrew were gone so it was just tons and tons of girls! 8 of them, to be exact. But they are all really well behaved, so its actually easier to watch kids WITH them here than without them here. It keeps everyone occupied, and the only big problem there was was when Sanna wanted the purple play-dough and Rachel wanted it too.....lol, but they were appeased soon enough.

Dad had a doctors appointment almost every single day this week....but we finally know what's up. He had another artery dissect, which made him have another stroke, which made him lose his talking/swallowing ability and get the bad head aches. Apparently he has this connective tissue disorder or something....and that is what has made his arteries dissect. So its not exactly good news, but at least its news. It has been so frustrating not to know anything definitive.

School is over for the week...I celebrated with peaches over homemade vanilla ice cream. lol. So many people have been bringing us meals and being so wonderful....we have so much yummy food its crazy. One night this week we got 2 meals in one evening because we have 3 churches involved in this, and of course none of them know the others' schedule.....hahaha, but there can never be too much food =).

Last Sunday Andrew and I went up to a late-highschool-graduation party. We played ultimate frisbee the whole time...which was fun because I haven't played it in a long time. However I have decided that it is a very dangerous sport, now that I have been playing sports other than it....Andrew broke (or almost broke, its hard to tell) a toe, and his whole foot swelled up. Last time I played my friend Beth collided with another dude and went home crying (this is not a girl prone to tears--thankfully she didn't have a concusion though). And then last year Beth's Dad's rib was broken in an ultimate game......another friends teeth almost got knocked out......and there are countless bruises.....

lol so yeah, I never really thought about it until now but it is very dangerous. If it wasn't so fun, I'd be scared to play it. But i actually have never gotten hurt, though its probably because I'm not very good and therefore I am never guarded very aggressively.

Anywhooooo.......

I'm glad tomorrow is saturday. I'll sleep in, do no school, and then lay around in my pj's until I get up the nerve to go for a run (I've been averaging 2 to 2 1/2 miles a couple times a week so may I say I'm just a little proud of myself? ;-p). But we'll see. Sometimes I just really don't like running, so I don't know why I do it......I think it has something to do with Mom and Dad though. They've really gotten into (or at least before Dad had all this going on) this book called "Younger next year; turn back the clock on your life" or somehting like that, and they've been all hyped about it, and about exercising and good eating and all that....and they are like "you need to start these good habits when you're young, Mattea" so I'm like "okay sure....*half heart chuckle*".

LOL. And look at that. Just as I finished typing that last sentence Mom walks up and says "do you want to go for a run, Mattea?" HAhahahahaha...so I have to go now. :-P


2 comments:

Josiah said...

Nice. Sounds like you've had an eventful week.

Praying for your Dad! Keep us posted.

han said...

lol. I'm the same way with exercising. I did a strenuous bike ride on Sunday. I'm waiting for the soreness to set in. : ) Don't give up!

~Han