I don't really feel like writing because I already wrote so much yesterday...and then it didn't work (AGH)...so I'll just put up some pictures. If I can get them to upload.
Thursday, July 08, 2010
Mountains and Lakes
Agh! Yesterday I typed up a whole post and thought I had published it, but apparently it didn't and somehow the whole thing got deleted. Even with the blogger auto save...so that is weird, but the internet where I am is sketchy, so that must have something to do with it. "Here" being, in what I had said yesterday but got deleted, Lake Placid NY. We have a rental house and got here on the 4th along with our friends the Spano's. We've been swimming in the lake, literally climbing mountains, running, and being really hot. It's been in the 90's every day (right now it's 98) and our cottage, which is situated only two blocks from the lake (AND STARBUCKS!!!), doesn't have AC. Apparently it never gets all that hot up here, so normally people are fine without AC.....but this week was abnormally hot and sunny. Which has been nice--I'm not going to complain--and we've really made use of the lake. Yesterday we drove about 20 minutes out to another bigger lake, Saranac. We rented a pontoon boat and spent the afternoon island hopping and doing cannonballs in the middle of the lake. I think that was a highlight of my life, believe it or not.
Wild strawberries on Whiteface Mountain, which is the 5th highest of the 48 Adirondack high peaks. You wouldn't believe the argument we had on wether or not they were safe to eat.
At the tip top of Whiteface Mountain: my Pride & Prejudice photo, taken by Maryah. It was even more like the movie because Mom kept shouting at me to be careful and come back--that I'd fall and kill myself. Just like Elizabeth's aunt was shouting at her.....lol
Mom and Dad on top of Mt. Joe
Nick climbing Mt. Jo. It is 1 mile to the top, and there is a path but it is not groomed at all. At times were were on our hands and knees climbing up sheets of rock and piles of boulders. The forest was beautiful! And the smell of the pines was tantalizing.
Fireworks on the fourth of July!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment