Four ones. Oh yeah. Pretty sweet. I need to go to bed because tomorrow we are getting up early and going into NYC, but I suddenly felt an urge to post on January 1, 2011. And I was *this close* to typing "2010." Caught myself though.
Speaking of the New Year. We went over to the C's for the evening. It was really nice to see Delian again after like, 5 months. Okay so it was a little over 2, but I missed her so much it felt like that much. And it was good to see Jarred too, after 6 months (seriously not kidding about that one--I hadn't seen him since late June. Pathetic). We only stayed at there house until not quite nine, then we came home and spent the rest of the year watching a stupid old movie with Jimmy Stewart in it. Jimmy was great, but the plot was dot dot dot. I have to hand it to mom (who is the queen of getting us old movies), for every 10 old movies she gets us, they are all good except 1. Which is a great track record. And then, we somehow didn't time it right, and when we paused the movie, the ball had already dropped. Which I was okay with because I had been informed that Snookie from that NJ beach girl show was dropping the ball, but then this morning Andrew said no, she hadn't. It was just a rumor. So now I missed it, and I don't have any excuse for missing it. All well. Maybe I'll catch a glimpse of the real ball tomorrow when we go. Andrew has a chance to meet two of his SBI friends (a boy and a girl, who fell in love in Italy and now they are married...it is so sweet). His two friends, Pete and Amanda, have this band and Andrew is going to hang out with them before they perform. So we (or, mom and dad, that is) thought, hey, since Andrew is going to NYC, we'll go with him, and he won't have to pay for gas and it will be a nice family outing/together-time ("together" meaning, aside from the 10 hours we'll spend driving, Andrew will hang with his friends and the rest of us will go to the Met. Museum of Art...which I am crazy excited about...more on that in a future post). It will be nice though, as long as Sanna doesn't get car sick for the millionth time, and if the ear buds of my ipod can stand being shared for the 5 hours out and back. The computer in the q7 went kaputz, so not only do we have no clock, we don't have any sound system. Which means Sanna sings CONSTANTLY to make there be music, unless you are sharing your ipod with her. She really is very sweet and adorable, aside from the throwing up and constant singing of Christmas carols and "I'll Fly Away."
Okay. Good night. Oh wait, here are my New Year's resolutions:
1. --oh wait, scratch that. Resolutions will take up to much time to type up, so I'll save that for another post, maybe will include it in the post about NYC (as long as we actually go, and make it there. Travel plans have a way of blowing up in our faces 30 minutes before we go). And I might have to do a nice sentimental post about 2010, and all that happened in that wonderful year, but maybe not.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! 2011!!!
4 comments:
my resolution for 2011: hang out with mattea more :)
i second Bethany's comment
I approve the motion
We're very jealous of your ice rink. Very. Looks like you're having a lot of fun!
Post a Comment