Everyone...
This is Jack. He says hello (Sanna does too, because she nicely volunteered to help me take these pictures :). Jack and I go way back. I transplanted him from the forest so many years ago I don't even remember when it was anymore. But I do know that Jack-in-the-pulpits are the coolest plants ever. Maybe with exception to some of those rain forest plants you see on the Discovery Channel. But Jacks win the cool factor for plants around here. Last year, Jack surprised me though, because he sprouted up with a son who I didn't plant. I guess he must like it in my garden if he settled in and had some kids. On the whole, Jacks have been duplicating a lot. If I remember correctly, finding one in the woods used to be a grand thing. Maybe when I was younger it just seemed like there weren't as many; though I don't think that is the case because now, whenever I go traipsing, I am bound to spot several on one trip.
Yesterday, in between thunderstorms when the sun came out, I did in fact go traipsing. It's a lot like walking, only more spontaneous. It also includes gathering sprigs of lilacs and apple blossoms at some point, and you must think all your thoughts in a British accent. It is very fun, and easy once you get the hang of it.
Today, in between thunderstorms when the sun came out, I went up to the mall with mom and and dad and came to the realization that I really hate walking around the mall by myself. It is the most lonely thing in the world, and I'm pretty sure I got stalked at least once. Actually everyone there (a not-so-hasty-generalization, truly) is creepy, whether they stalk me or not, and they need to get a life.
On the way back, we picked up our "new" car, that I did not know we had procured until we went to get it. It needs a thousand or so in repairs, but between buying it and getting the repairs, it will still be cheaper than fixing up our other car. I'm kind of scared of it though, because there is this rubber burning smell whenever you shift gears (that's the other thing--you actually have to shift!!). Other than that, I like it. Maryah and I decided its name is Fuller (after the man we bought it from, Mike Fuller, who is dad's fellow business schemer in life), though that may be challenged. It's a 2001 Audi A4, black. The side panels were stripped off by some vagabonds since he parks frequently in NYC, Syracuse, Buffalo, and other questionable places like that. From one of those trips it also received some nail scratches on the trunk that conveniently spell, in large-hard-to-miss-capitals, a phrase too nasty to type here. I hope it sands out. Otherwise.....people are gonna judge us. Hahahaha
4 comments:
1. Jack looks downright spry and quite content
2. I love your description of traipsing
3. the new car...hmmm....
4. Facebook. Don't get one. I actually thanked the Lord this week that you don't have one. Sometimes it is a necessary evil, like when someone decides to make one with your name and then everything goes to pot. But I don't think you have that problem.
5. Three cheers for how well your scripture-reading went! Woohoo! And another cheer for cross-checking The Message.
6. Healthy stress: I checked. It's Biblical. :)
7. Pizza is one of the main food groups. No explanation or apology required.
I smiled (and laughed when appropriate) the whole way through your comment!
Halifirien, you got a new follower lol! good post Mattea!
I love Jack-In-The-Pulpits!
Post a Comment