Time never runs out of energy, and life moves forward (for which I am thankful). School started on Monday, and I've been distractedly, wonderfully busy; hence the lack of posts. But that also means there are many different subjects to write about, so hold onto your hair (more about that in a minute) and get ready for what may come off as a post written by someone with ADD.
On the topic of school, since I already mentioned it. Monday was relatively rough because I realized math would be harder than I had anticipated. However, I told myself not to worry, it's Monday: the first day of a semester is always slightly overwhelming and you think every day will be just as bad. I also battled fleeting thoughts of doubt, that I would get a D and have to take the class again and then graduate a semester late... But those got killed as well, and I slept fine, with no panic attacks, and Tuesday went comparatively smoothly, as did the rest of the week. By Friday, after taking the first math quiz, I was very glad I hadn't worried over something that didn't need to be worried about. However, I should have been worried about my Global Studies quiz! I took it, and to my horror there were two questions where I had absolutely no clue what they were talking about. I guessed, and guessed wrong, because when I submitted the quiz I landed a 75. *Great* I'm thinking.
After the hyperventilating and the my-world-is-coming-to-an-end-and-I-want-to-die-and-how-could-I-be-so-stupid-and-completely-overlook-some-section-that-I-should-have-studied-more thoughts came to a brief respite, I picked up my textbook, and my notes from the lectures, and poured over them. I was trying to find where they pulled those questions from. After a while of searching and finding nothing, I wandered to the Introduction of my book. There, I found the material that they made those 2 test questions from. Problem: they never told us to read the Introduction. Which means they included questions from a section of the book they never told us to read.
Thus, because I am an indignant, letter-writing homeschooler at heart, I sent my professor a lengthy email arguing about the unfairness of it all. This morning he emailed me back and said he would change my grade to an A. YES! Mattea: 1. Liberty: 0. Actually, I'll give Liberty a 1 too, because the professors are fair and understanding.
Moving on to the topic of Wikipedia. For all of Thursday, they blacked out their site in protest of SOPA (the Stop Online Piracy Act that is going through Congress and would result in the internet being censored). I think it was great of them to do that but it was extremely inconvenient. Three times I needed information and they were not there for me. It was like being on "Who Wants to be A Millionaire?" and when you "call a friend" your friend doesn't answer (not that I actually know what that feels like =P). Anyway, you don't realize how dependent you are on something until it's gone.
New topic. Mom and dad got into one of their rearrange the house modes this week. Mostly it involved Sanna, who ends up in their bed pretty much every night (though she has yet to break my record, which is joining mom and dad in the middle of the night until you're 11 years old). So they needed the trundle bed for their room, which is stored under my bed. Since that disrupted my dust bunny ecosystem, I figured I may as well disrupt it further. I pulled everything out, which consists of American Girl doll stuff and "I'm going to be a doctor when I grow up" paraphernalia, and got it all organized. Revelation #1: mom and dad were (and are, of course) very good to me. I had some cool toys growing up. Revelation #2: Getting your hair vacuumed is a very interesting experience. I was half under the bed, vacuuming away, and the springy, rubber vacuum tube separated from the metal cylinder thing (all the adjectives because I don't know what the parts of a vacuum are called). Well, the springy thing sprang back at me, and proceed to suck up the hair on one side of my head, all the way to the roots. I took me a few seconds to find the off switch since it had me quite in its grasp of sucky-ness, but all ended well. I just looked like I'd walked through a windstorm. So, I am crossing "hair being sucked by vacuum" off my list of fears. Turns out, it doesn't hurt, and is a very unique sensation.
The next topic we shall discuss is the future. It has been brought to my attention by well-meaning individuals that I am supposed to know what I am going to do after this semester. Said well-meaning individuals also remind that going to college for four years is not a bad thing. In fact, "you are supposed to, Mattea." Yes, well, what if I don't want to? What if I want to wing it? What if I want to be done? What if I just say "enough is enough and I am a writer and I am going to do what I want to do"?
However, aside from fears and things you've accomplished, you shouldn't cross stuff off your list. At least not permanently. So, keeping options open, maybe I will go on to get a bachelor's. Maybe I will go major in journalism somewhere. I just don't know right now. And I am okay not knowing, so would said individuals please be okay not knowing too? Thank you.
One of the books I'm reading right now for one of my classes is "Decision Making and the Will of God," by this guy called Friesen. It's a good book so far, but I'm laughing on the inside because in the first class I ever took with Liberty, I read a book called "Found: God's Will" by McArthur. Very useful book. It's premise was that if you are a saved and sanctifying Christian, you can, in so many words, do anything you jolly want to, since "what you jolly want to" will align with God's will. I wholeheartedly agree and thought it was a great book. The other reason I thought it was a great book is because it is the size of an index card and took 40 minutes to read. The will of God in 40 minutes? That's my kind of book. However, the reason I'm laughing is because this book I'm reading now, by Friesen, is hundreds of pages long, thick, and relatively heavy. Evidently, there's more to say on this here topic of God's will.
1 comment:
You can tell those certain well-meant individuals that I think you should just wing it too-why take a few more years of college when it's unnecessary? Seriously, you don't need to go to no big, fancy college thats far, far, far, away from us. :(
Post a Comment