Tuesday evening I was lying on the couch "cuddling" with Sanna (in the sense that I was drowsily reclined and she was next to me squirming around and pulling my hair), when Misha suddenly popped over and leaned her elbows on the end of the couch. Chin resting in her hands she said seriously, "Mattea, if someone wrote a biography about your life it would be really wacky, because of the things you do." I blinked and my mouth dropped open about a half inch. Caught off guard as I was, she skipped off before I could manage a reply, or beg for clarification.
For I am not sure what precipitating events could have provoked such a comment. It was altogether random.
At least, I think it was random.
Is my life really wacky???
This week at least, I think I've been pretty normal. All I've done is try to stay warm (which involved nothing but a sweatshirt, and no unusual calisthenics) and school. Actually, school has kept me exceedingly busy this week, what with doubling up in math, and a rather difficult essay for my government class. I had to write about "original intent v. judicial activism." The hard part is that I see no possible reason why anyone, for a minute, would advocate judicial activism, but per the rules I still had to give a fair representation of the merits of both. I'm not entirely sure if I succeeded, but at least I have an essay and it didn't go over the word count (word limits are the bane of my scholastic existence). My professor says that summarizing and condensing your thoughts are good skills, and that people even get paid to do it, but I still don't like it. (Thus, for me the least enjoyable part of an APA essay is writing the abstract. Because you have to summarize a paper that is itself a summary of complicated ideas of which there are thousands of well-theorized words written about on the internet.)
So much beautiful information, so little room.
And I am not apologizing for ^that rant^ because it may just be the last school rant you ever read on this blog.
Just having that realization causes very somber feelings to arise in my heart, and I may continue college just so I can keep ranting about it on my blog.
Or not.
In other news, for my readers who do not live in my geographical area (i.e., Haliferin <3), it snowed on Monday! I woke up, sat up in bed, and the first thing I saw were all the tree branches weighed down by a good six inches of snow. When I went downstairs, I could see we had about ten in total. The first thing I said to dad, who was the only other one up, was "I wanted snow like this at Christmas!, not the end of April after I've gotten back from the beach!" It is, by far, the largest snow we have had all year. Thankfully, it finished melting yesterday, along with the shocking Calvin and Hobbsian snow sculpture my siblings made. So once again, the grass is green, the tulips are red...the sky is grey and the weather is cold. All well. It's all a very good incentive to be a good student. There is probably a correlation between my grades and the weather. (Okay, actually there isn't, but it would be funny if there was.)
Liberty University must have gotten word that I am particularly suffering from the cold this semester, because they sent me a commemorative blanket back in February (which was expected, since they said everyone who completed financial check-in on time, and then passed all their courses, would get one). However, last week I received another one. It's exactly the same and came with the same message, so I'm assuming it was a processing error.
What I am hoping is that there is some sort of doubling-up glitch that corresponds with my name in their computers so I'll get sent not one, but two diplomas. The first can be the one I worked for, the AA in Interdisciplinary Studies. The second I am hoping will be either a doctorate in Psychology or a BS in Biology. Either one will do.
2 comments:
Haha, being able to rant about it on my blog is definitely not enough reason for me to want to do more school!
Congrats on being so close to finished! I had my very last class this morning. It's something else.
Also crazy about the snow. I keep on hearing about you all getting more and more. I wonder if there will be more when I get back up there?
I sincerely hope there will be no snow for you, or for us, when you get up here (which is not too far away!).
Have fun on your cruise :)
Post a Comment