Friday, September 21, 2012

C'est la Vie

Summer ends today.

I got hired on the spot at Rockwell Museum of Art last week.

I work Fridays, Saturdays, and Mondays there, and what with Tuesdays and Thursdays spent nannying, I'm almost full time. 

Because I'm full time, I have no time to write, even though there is loads to write about.

Because there is loads to write about, and no time to do it, I feel horribly unexpressed. 

And I'm tired and cranky and have a mind&heart filled with swirls that beg to be coded into words, but I have work 12 hours from now. 

All I want to do is sleep for those 12 hours and then wake up and sit in a tree and think for a good 3 hours.

And then all I want to do is write. 

Why, why, why....do I have to do what I don't want in order to get what I want?

C'est la vie, Mattea. C'est la vie. 

So stop being disappointed. And just because life is startling you doesn't mean you have to react in a dramatic manner. Instead, anchor your soul in hope. Let the emotions fly away. 

Humble yourself, and smile. Smile at a world that is a fairy tale of ultimate gravity.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

yes-work hard now and in the not-so -distant- future you will achieve that La dolce fa niente. Translated: "the sweetness of doing nothing." Bonus-you will be enjoying that sweetness in Italy : )