Friday, February 24, 2006

"Let's Go Fly A Kite......"

I love Mary Poppins....Yesterday was a great kite flying day! I dragged out our old kite, repaired the strings, then went out to our big field and flew that kite along with my younger brother and sisters (Sanna came out too-she didn't know what to think of it). It was the most fun I've had with a kite in a long time. It was really windy though so for a little while I took off my coat and wrapped it around Sanna since all she had was a sweater and a hat. I was the one who should have worn a hat though because after supper I had an ear-ach. Thankfully it went away before I went to bed though. I actually didn't go to bed till mid-night last night because of the Olympics. I can't believe that they let Sasha Cowen have the silver medal-she's SOOO stuck up......Ok so I don't really know her but my first (or maybe its second) impression of her is that she's really prissy. I wish that Kimmie M. or Emily H. could have gotten a medal though. Since I'm wishing, I wish that Michelle Kwan could have been in the Olympics. I do have to confess I am rather thankful for Sasha since she did get the silver for the USA more or less.

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by
every experience in which you really stop to
look fear in the face. You must do the thing
which you think you cannot do.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

4 comments:

bethany said...

here is what beth thinks about the whole figure skating thing...

1. i stayed up way to late for it
2. the comentaters say really corny stuff
3. i cannot believe sasha cohen fell not once but two times and still won silver, i don't think its right
4. i think the russian should have won, she has this energy about her that just made her fun to watch. she should have at LEAST beat sasha
5. i think emily hughes is really cool, you can tell she is just happy to be there
6. i think michelle kwan should have stayed....
7. i was a bit disapointed with the results

mattea kiriel said...

Amen Beth! Amen.

mattea kiriel said...

On the subject of Olypics, maybe there was a voting conspeirisy! That DID happen once, I beleive.

mattea kiriel said...

Olympics.