This week has been crazy full! But crazy full usually means fun (as was in this case). Wednesday we had YSOS at our house. Fun! We played Frisbee, got wet, had a great time of worship......God so is amazing! He has really been working in my heart...nothing really dramatic and ground breaking....but just showing me how awesome He is and in control of everything--even the REALLY small things. These past few months have been kind of "down times" (call them what you want--just kind of times where I don't appreciate Him as much as I should be trying to) but with the beginning of Summer......Outreaches.....My faith in Him has been renewed. I find myself wanting to worship Him at really odd times lol......but yeah....so I am happy :-).
Now the title of this is outreaches isn't it....so I guess I should get on with it LOL. Thursday we had our last Silent Cry practice before our show at Centerway Park. It went really well. We were able to go through the whole thing twice in two hours...we sure needed that practice....I think we all had to ask for our lines about a billion times. The mimes went well though, even if the skits were rough. Then yesterday was the big day!!! It was so much fun even if I was really nervous:o). We got there at 6:30 and went through how we were going to get on and off the little stage and stuff like that. At 7:30 Jess introduced us quickly and then we started. "Who Am I" went first. They did a really good job staying together cuz I know they were having trouble with that. Then our mime, "She Walked Away", went. I wasn't so nervous for that because we have been working on that for 9 months :-D. After that came "the Island of Regret". You all did such a gr8 job!!! No one even stumbled over their lines! Then "Grace and Love" by Anna and Karina went.....Nice job girls! It was very powerful! Then (*swallows hard*) came Karina, Jordan, Demory and I's skit "1-888-CALLGOD". I was REALLY nervous for that, but once again, none of us even hesitated with our lines. Sweet job all of you all! Mr. Snapp then gave a little 5 minute message thingy and told everyone about salvation, our church and stuff like that. Finally "Cry Out to Jesus" did their mime. I love that one! It is so powerful! I hope and pray that people were touched by the performance. I know it seemed like hardly anyone was there aside from "Church people" and grandparents but keep up the good work!!!!! It might not seem like anyone left impacted by it, but in the long run.......I don't know, but God knows and that's what matters!
Today we had the car wash. *Mattea grimaces at sunburned arms* We vacumed, washed, and dried a total of 54 cars for free between 10:00 and 1:30. Good work everybody! I love outreaches! Aloe Vera rocks!
8 comments:
Yes! This week has been crazy busy for me too! Pretty much the same thing as you. lol.
I had a blast at the outreach! You did great!!!! One of the kids I talked to was commenting on how good you were and how funny that skit was...and I said "Yup...she's my cousin". I was so proud! :D
I love you!!!
~Anna
hehe...thanks Anna!
I love you, too, Mattea! Do you like being busy, or does it wear you down sometimes?
Has anybody read any good books lately, or need recommendations? That would be a fun blog idea.
And great job, Mattea! I'm amazed at how much you are into. Wow!
MYAL
Well, any stuff for church is usually really fun even if you are working. And it also means seeing lots of my friends so I guess that is what makes it fun. Hmmm...a good book. RIght now I am reading "Hostage Lands" by ummm...can't remember off the top of my head who it is by. But it is really good. Its about this teenage boy who lives in England and he uncovers some old Roman tablets. The tablets are in Latin and he learns Latin as he translates them. There are only a few chapters about the boy and the rest are about this Centurian Rusticus who left the tablets as the story of a certain part of his life. Rather complicated to explain. But it is, as I said, really good.
Yeah last week was crazy busy but fun and rewarding....
Dem
yeah, fun
oh my goodness!!! comments from other people!!! this is a big thing!! woot woot! ;-) :P
Post a Comment