Saturday, June 23, 2007

Country Dance

Yesterday I scrap booked, hung out with those Slackers, found out that Mariah can pogo stick REALLY well (Isaac spent part of the day with my Mom's parents and he brought home my Mom's pogo stick that she hadn't seen since she was 18--oh and she is still pretty good at it lol). Mariah pogoed for a total of 15 minutes once! I'll have to call and see if she was able to get out of bed today :o). We had a campfire...read some this book "The Roman Ransom" because we need to finish it but it is kind of hard because we are reading it to Mariah and Brooke too and it is hard to have everybody at the same place at the same time. And that was a run on sentence. We ate at Los Ponchos for supper, came back home and at quarter of 8 Andrew my Mom and I left for a barn dance put on by some old friends about 10 minutes from us! I wasn't sure how I was going to do because they last one they had was 3 years ago and I was a little young to understand exactly what was going on. When we first got there the kids (okay fine teens) were playing volleyball so we did that for a few minutes till they called everyone in. The first dance was a simple circle dance which was pretty fun but kind of repetitive after a while (each dance lasted about 15 minutes). Then we did a line dance and a contra dance and then, my favorite, the square dance! It is really easy to catch on and everyone is really willing to teach you how to do it. Which was good. Very good. LoL. At first it was a little "awkward" dancing with guys other than Andrew but then you just kind of get into the spirit of fun and of course it doesn't mean "anything"....which my Mom was saying was nice because at a school dance it usually means "something" or even if it doesn't people think it does.....hahaha yeah. I had a ton of fun and now I can dance....I am pretty happy about that. And I can't wait till the next one.

P.S. My Mom has a xanga! Check it out! http://www.xanga.com/mama_voice

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's cool. There is a barn dance here today, but I don't think we're gonna go. Mom was thinking about it, but it's all these people that we recognize but haven't talked to in years, usually. Except one family that we see all the time, but they weren't sure they were going. Anyway, I know what you mean about it being awkward. I don't even think there are any teenage boys that would be at this dance. Most people are younger than me, or older than my parents.

I love Mystery of the Roman Ransom! I wish the author had written more books after that.

Has anybody read Things Hoped For, by Andrew Clements? It's a really good, short book.

LOL, Anna wins the award for most comments, but mine sure are longer!

Okay, okay, going now.

Anonymous said...

And go Mariah! Wow! She sure has amazing balance.

mattea kiriel said...

No I haven't read that book but it sounds good! And yes you should win the longest comment award.

Anna.Victoria said...

HUH? Hey now...I should have had first comment...I wrote up a really long comment...and it didn't publish!!! How lame is that?!?!?

OH well...
Mattea...it was great fun today at the picnic...after you left, we played a couple more games of football and stuff...by the end, we were D-E-A-D!

Friday's the day!!! I can't wait to see you guys!

I love you sooo much girl!!!
~Anna

Anna.Victoria said...

ooohhhh.....dancing?!?!?!
I looovvveee dancing!!!!!
Yes, I know what you mean about it being awkward...hahahahaha.
Dell and I are going to dance at the wedding...that should be interesting.
Hehehe...do you want me to save a dance for you?? :-)
Yup...I love you too!
~Anna

Anna.Victoria said...

Remember the days when we would square dance a lot?! Those were some pretty snazzy times right there...hahaha

Anna.Victoria said...

See....if I had combined those two comments...I would win longest comment award!! mwahahaha

Anonymous said...

Man, you seem to not publish your comments alot...hmmm....lets blame it on the computer okay?

Anna.Victoria said...

Yeah...lets blame it on the computer. Something...just not me.
It prolly is just me though *blush*
Luv ya!

Anonymous said...

*huuf*...technology

Anonymous said...

Oh we need to talk about this coming Friday/Saturday. Will you need/want to spend the night at out place or something?...You know, I think I'll give you a call as that should be easier.

Anonymous said...

*our place

not "out" place

Anonymous said...

commenting

Anna.Victoria said...

thanks again for the xanga comment and the e-mail you sent me! They mean sooo much to me!!!! I'm praying for you and your family!!! Don't worry...no matter what...God will still be there by your side! He is always faithful to those who run HARD after HIM!!! I love you chica!
Hopefully see ya t'night darling!!!!
Thanks for being such a great cousin!!!
~Anna