Sunday, July 01, 2007

Graduation

Yesterday we woke up rather early so we could head to Harrisburg for Andrew official PHAA (Pennsylvania Homeschoolers Affiliation Agency or something like that--I don't know=). But we got there at about 12:30, and by 1:00 (the time the thing started) both sets of Grandparents and the Slacks were there. It was a very nice ceremony--it started with some speeches and singing, and instrument playing--and then the graduates were given their diplomas! There were 75 in all and for each one the family would come up and give their son or daughter the diploma. And since it went in alphabetical order of the last name...we were last....the very last. But we did give Andrew his diploma....and it has really sunken in now that he IS graduated and I can't believe that in just 3 years I am going to be on that stage receiving my diploma!! It is crazy! But after that around 3:00 we all went to Moe's (the greatest Mexican restaurant ever). The grandparents went home soon after that but the Slacks and us stayed till 7:oo just talking and hanging out around some tables they had outside. So we didn't get back till late (that is the reason we weren't in church this morning). So congratulations on your graduation Andrew!

All the graduates from this county^
Our Graduate!^

7 comments:

Anna.Victoria said...

Sounds like fun!!!! Wish I could have been there...sorry chica!
I'll make it up to you sometime....promise. :P
Hey...we need to get together sometime SOON. I really wanna have some quality cousin/girl time. What say you??
I love you!!!!
~Anna

Anna.Victoria said...

Oh....it was great to see you today!!
And that was first comment!! lol
=D

Anonymous said...

Urrg, Anna got here before me.

Congratulations, Andrew!


I love Moe's, too.

Have you heard Relient K's new album yet? It's pretty good!

Anna.Victoria said...

Hey Mattea! So...we are gonna be out at Old Post Lane for dinner t'night. Do you guys wanna play? The Slacks are able to play, so we want to play with you guys too!
I love you chica!
~Anna

Anna.Victoria said...

haha. so I totally forgot that you weren't here the other night...you were gone!! hahaha...so sorry about the last comment!!! I hope you guys had fun!!
I love you chica!
~Anna

Anonymous said...

Man...sorry we missed you!

bethany said...

i like your profile picture! graduations are such a fun time of the year!