Thursday, July 05, 2007

West Virginia

Delian's Hawaiian-themed birthday party was on Sunday. And it was a ton of fun! We played ultimate Frisbee, did some presents, some food (cake!!), and all that jazz. The Cornfields had the place all nicely decorated--it was great! Then at 7:00 we all went to the Efthimiou's for the firsts official Key of H concert. You guys did awesomely! (is that a word?? All well). It was really fun. Then Monday we woke up really early and left for West Virginia. My Dad had to deliver a stove down there and he decided to take us all with him for a mini vacation. LOL. Vacation...right. No, it was fun but.....hehehehaha...right. so as I was saying, we left really early to go. Now this place wasn't the West Virginia right next to PA...nope...this was down, down, down, all the way to the very tip of WV...almost in NC. So we drove and drove and took a break for lunch in Maryland at a Chick-Fil-A. And you know what?! They were actually playing Christian music!! Which I think was cool...it was Amazing Love, btw. Then we drove and drove...watched Moe and the Big Exit, the new Veggie Tales...hehe it is really funny. Then at 4:30 we finally arrived in Beckly, WV. (WV has really funny town names like "Brag" and "Rock" hehehe). We swam in the pool and nearly froze...then we went to the "Tamarack" which is like a really artsy/crafty place and they had food so we ate there and looked around. Tuesday we delivered the stove and drove around for a while. We stopped at an information center to try to find some beach type place next to the New River. The woman told us about one but to get to it we had to drive in one direction for 1/2 and hour to cross the river, then go back the same way on the other side of the river to get to this board walk that it turned out you couldn't swim in and.....right so we didn't go there. But we didn't make up our mind till we got to this little town called Hinton. Dad had researched it some the night before and the brochures said it was a great little historical town. Right. the brochure was wrong. When we got there all there was were a lot of junky, run down houses. By this time we were all starved so we looked for a place to eat. And we looked. And looked. And looked. and found NOTHING. So we stopped at the little welcome center thing (at least they had one of them) and Mom asked if there was any good place to eat with 6 kids. The woman told Mom that the only good place to eat was this really fancy expensive place that wasn't good for kids. The only other restaurants were on the other side of the river. The list was as followed: McDonald's, DQ, and Subway. So we ate at the Dairy Queen. But it was right on the river so that was good. After that we meandered out way to a hotel some where. But I must say, during that whole morning we did have a lot of good laughs...it was crazy funny for no reason. And we would just keep on laughing. But we did see some nice views too. So we made it to Staunten, VA and got a hotel there. We ate at this REALLY good Mexican place...went Swimming...stuff like that...and then in the morning we headed home. We got back about 4:30 yesterday, played with the Slacks and their care group as they were having a picnic, then at ten went to see fireworks. That were, btw, very good and loud. Crashed around 11....and that is that.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now see, if you had stopped by our house, we would have had plenty for you to eat! And our house is 150 years old, which gives you the historical part you were looking for.

You weren't in Frederick, Maryland, were you?

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...I'm not sure if we were in Fredrick...but then we might have.
Yeah I REALLY wanted to stop by, even if it would just have been for an hour or two, but my Dad said he didn't think he could go on your road with the trailer hooked up. Though by the way you see those bus zipping by...and then we had to get Andrew back by a certain time for an engagment he had with some friends. But for the record we DID try!!

What time will you be coming up here??????

Anonymous said...

Oh, okay. I'll forgive you. J/k

I would guess we should be up there by, let's see....*starts calculating*...well, I'll give you a range: between 3 PM and 12 midnight. How's that?!! I'll ask Dad.

Anonymous said...

haha...I meant what day, but the time is good too :-)
lol

Anonymous said...

Oh and I just read my xanga and realized what day now...haha

Anna.Victoria said...

Ahh!!!! Shoot...I wasn't first comment...dang. :P
Oh..glad you had fun chica!!! And that would be so much fun if we could see you Hannah!!! Though Mattea...um...we would have to work something out other than church...you know what I mean. ;-)
I love you Mattea darling!!!
Oh and so you know...Chick-Fil-A IS a Christian restaurant. Jst making sure you know that. =D
Luv ya chica!
~Anna

Anonymous said...

Yeah Mom had said that the first owner was Christain so that makes sence now!!

Man...I am still not used to that Anna! (will I ever be???). So right we would have to work something out for you to see them...hmmm...do you guys want to go to the Troy Fair?

Anonymous said...

Oh my yes! That's why we're coming up that week! When will your family be there?

~Your loving friend blistering in the VA heat and humidity. They should do Survivor here.

Anonymous said...

Well, my Dad is going to be there all the time becuase of his business but I don't know when our whole family will be there. But you guys just give us a call and we'll see what we can do! The only day that won't work (at least for part of it) is that Saturday becuase we have a friends wedding to attend.

Anonymous said...

okee-dokee. I'll have my mom call yours.

~Han