Thursday, July 12, 2007

Mishala's Birthday

Mishala turned 7 on Tuesday!! I thank God for that girl sooo much and I am so happy that he has alowed us to be part of her life. To think that right now she could be over in China in an old orphanage without any family to speak of is terrible. Really early on her birthday morning we woke up and did presents (Dad had to leave for work early so we had to get up at 7:00...blah). She got watercolor paints (the real type in the squeez tubes so she won't have ot borrow mine lol), painting paper (so she won't have to borrow mine anymore), paint brushes (so she won't have to borrow mine anymore), a sketch pad, and a shirt. We had an early lunch and then set off for my first double base lesson!!! (yes, I am now playing the double base lol). I really like the teacher--he is really cool and really good. Andrew used to take from him but now with his new schedual it just wasn't going to work. But now I see why he took lessons from Mike for as long as he did (about 5-6 years). What is nice is that they just moved to a new building that is A LOT nicer than the old basement he used to do it in. Poor Andrew only got about 4 lessons in that new place :-). Mom ran some earands while I was there and then came the fun part. Without telling Misha what we were doing Mom pulled into the SPCA and said she had to "talk to a woman". At this point Maryah and I are jumping out of our seats becuase we can't wait to see Misha's reactions to her new kitten. After a painfully long time Mom came out, opened the car door and said "I have a new little friend for you Misha which is why she is name 'shou pongyo' which in Chinese means 'little friend'". Misha could not believe that the kitten was actually hers and she loves it to pieces...
Misha with Shou Pongyo (pronounced shou as in 'ow' that hurts, pongyo as in pung-yo)
Isaac with Shou>^ We had a party for Misha that night with the Slacks and the Grandparents as will as my Uncle Phil and Wanda from Missouri (no they did not come all this way for her b-day; they just happened to be in the area lol).
Me with my double base>^ It is a good thing that we got out new Excursion because that is the only thing that would hold it--and yet get this--it is actually a half size double base--not a full size lol. I am 5'6" and yet it is still taller than me! I call it my "baby base" so I named it BB Prince. BB standing for baby base and then Prince because it isn't a King (BB King was [is?] a famous jazz person). At present it isn't actually MY base because we are renting it to see how I like it but I think I am really going to enjoy it =).

12 comments:

Anna.Victoria said...

Wow! Sounds gun! It was GREAT to see you guys yesterday chica!
Luv ya! First comment!
~anna

Anonymous said...

Rggh, second comment. ;P

Tell Misha happy birthday from all of us! She and Shou are so cute. We are taking care of five rabbits, two of which are tiny, and they're so fun.

And congratulations on the double bass! It's a good thing you have a half-size, huh? I want a cello, but I would have to pay for it myself, and as you know, they aren't cheap. I'm going to settle for a viola (it's lower than a violin, which Rachel has) if I get the time soon. Why did you decide to do the double bass?!!

Anna.Victoria said...

Hannah....I have a cello! I played for a while...but then...yeah...so now it's just laying around looking nice. hahaha
They're fun. =D

Anonymous said...

Well, I had walked into Mike's shope to get some guitar strings and he had a double base...and he played it for me...and I fell in love (with the base--not him lol).

Anna.Victoria said...

hahaha....'I fell in love--with the bass...not him'
I laughed.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's funny. *smiles*

Umm...is your cello a full-size, Anna? And would you be willing to sell it?!! I have a friend named Anna who lives in Michigan who would sell me her cello, but then I would have to ship it...and that would be hard.: D

Do your fingers have calluses yet, Mattea? Maybe you already had them from guitar. Are you going to use a bow, or learn how to pluck it first?

Anonymous said...

I'm going to learn how to pluck it becuase Mike said he actually didn't know how to use the bow very well. I don't have calluses--yet. When I played guitar it took about 3 weeks for me to get them.

Anonymous said...

I love the way it sounds either way, but I think bowing is more difficult. It gives a more rich sound when bowed, though. :)

Anna.Victoria said...

Yeah...my cello is a full size. And I would have to talk to my parents...but I Know I would be willing to sell it!!!! How come I wouldn't have to ship it?
You have a friend named Anna? hahaha.
I'll talk to my parents though =D

Anonymous said...

Well, at least some of thier family is here 3 times a year. (and they are coming up at the end of this month as well).

Anonymous said...

We're up there three times a year? Are you counting hunting trips?!!

Yep, we're coming up at the end of this month, and if we didn't get it then, you could drop it off at my granparent's house in Troy, and then we'd figure it out from there.

: D

Andrew said...

Mike is really good