Q.Why do dolphins swim in saltwater?
A. Because pepper makes them sneeze.
I know, that was random, but I had to start out my update some way and I like jokes. Have you ever wondered who came up with the very first joke? I wonder if it was Adam or Eve just having care free fun....Hehe, another question to save for Heaven!
Saturday we went grape picking with a bunch of people and this year we canned 14 quarts, and then we have another few frozen in...well...duh, the freezer. On Sunday we went to our old Canton Mennonite church. It was great to see all the familiar faces and to hear our good friend Nick preach. Then we went to their (the Spanos) house and had lunch...and I missed Lizzy! I wonder who built the first college....Well, whoever it was, I wish they hadn't. Okay fine, I don't really mean that :-). Monday was Maryah's birthday and then Tuesday I had my appointment with the orthopedics specialist guy. It went really well. Once again, as long as my heart is fine I'm fine so they are just going to monitor me for a few years till I stop growing. Wednesday we just did school I think. Thursday we just did school and Today we just did school! But that is really fine with me because it is nice to be able to solely focus on it for a little while. Oh yes, Andrew and Dad left Wednesday afternoon for Western Canada for a business conference with Mr. Kimball. They will be back Sunday morning probably.
Last night we watched a really good Disney movie called "Jump In". It stars Corbin Bleu who played in High School Musical. Its about how Izzy (Corbin) goes against the flow of boxing and helps out a group of girls with their double dutch competition when they lose one of their players. All of the cool moves they do is half the fun of it. So now I want to learn how to double dutch.
"Three little birds sat on my window,
And they told me I don't need to worry.
Summer came like cinnamon, so sweet,
Little girls double Dutch out on the street"
That is the first verse of this one song by Corrine Baily Ray who is one of my favorite singers right now. She is like a blues singer.
The chorus goes:
"Girl put your records on,
Tell me your favorite song,
just go ahead let your hair down.
Sapphire and faded jeans,
I hope you get your dreams,
oh, just go ahead let your hair down."
Tata!
10 comments:
Good joke!
Oh, Mattea. I'm so sorry to hear about the MARFANS. I will keep praying. I heard Walking On Sunshine playing on a radio at the beach and thought of you! And then prayed, of course.
That's funny, 'cause Rachel and I are trying to learn Double Dutch too! Right now we can't even swing the ropes correctly for an extended amount of time.
Have you heard about the new Relient K Christmas album?
Miss you!
* Han*
Yes I just saw that album in the Christian music magazine we get. It looks fun!
Another thing that is funny; when we watched the movie I imedeatly thought of you and Rachel and how it would be cool if we could learn how to do it together! I miss you horribly too! But Mom and Dad have been talking about comeing down your way maybe in a few weeks!!!!! Wouldn't that be great!?
Aaaa! Really?! The whole family? This is a stretch, but could you bring your bass? Then we would have a little string trio! Mom and I were just talking about having you and Maryah down for my birthday. :D
We need to make two long ropes. Rachel and I only get to practice dd when we go to the elementary school for the boy's soccer practice. They have a whole box full of ropes and balls. Do you know how to play four-square?
* Han*
Yes, I know how to play four square--it is pretty fun! We need to invest in some nice jump ropes too. We only have one at the moment. All the other nice ones Dad uses to tow cars (seriosly, he does). I had this REALLY nice fat multi-colored one that got ruined when the Audi got stuck.
Yes, graping was fun! did you steal your survey from me?
; )
haha, that's fine = )
yeah, i thought that survey looked familiar. And by the way, MK, my jeans usually have a teeny-tiny whole on the right cuff because I ride my bike and it gets caught on the chain. :D
Just so you don't think...I don't know what.
:D
Hahaha...okay, time for a new poll.
aaahhhh!!!! I saw you today!!!! I'm so happy!!! =D
I love you so much!
thanks for taking all those pictures for me! I appreciate it! :P
~anna
Mattea!
1. Thank you so much for your card! Be expecting to get some mail soooon. We should be pen pals!
2. I think it is so cool that you have a blog. I actually think I might start one, you've inspired me. I really miss you! When you said you went to our house after church it reminded me of all the times we used to do that just about every Sunday! Anddd, I love Corrine Bailey Rae. I actually have that song as one of my ringtones right now.
3. Tell everyone i said hi and that I miss and love them!
Post a Comment