Saturday, November 03, 2007

Shoot 4 the Moon, even if u miss it u will land among the stars

Mattea rolls over in bed and looks at the clock..."7:00? Wow, I can't believe that I woke up THIS early on a Saturday morning and yet I feel so rested even though I went to bed at 11:00....Well, guess I'll go get my shower." Mattea got out bed, so happy that it was saturday...and such a clear crisp one at that. Mattea gets out of shower, changes, goes downstairs. "WHAT??? Its 8:36? NO WAY was I in the shower for an HOUR!!!...MOOOOM!". Mom says: Oh yes, Isaac was trying to fix your clock because it was 10 minutes fast and he by accidentally made it an hour slow." Mattea: "ohhhhhhhhh....I had it ten minutes fast for a reason." So much for getting up early....
Hahaha...yes that was my morning....I was so proud of myself for getting up at a reasonable hour. lol...

I was up late because (okay okay so for some of you 11:00 is early....but for me it is late....) we went to an astronomy thing. This man was just on Mt. Pisgah with a telescope and he would help you view stars and answer questions and things--very informal. Well, we had tried to do this a month ago but the weather was bad so we asked to be put on the impromptu list...lol...very impromptu. We got a call at 4 asking us if we could be there at 7:00 to look at the stars. Being the great homeschoolers that we are we got supper together fast, then the whole family went to Troy. It was VERY cold, but VERY fun. We were the only family who came out for it, so we got all the attention. There were about 4 other older people there who were friends of the man running the whole thing. He had a HUGE telescope and we were able to see a comet called "Holmes", M-31 (which is the closest Galaxy to us--but still billions of light years away), a double cluster, and M-13 (a globular cluster) and The 7 Sisters (aka Pliades but I can't spell that). The stars are so amazing....and I could go on and on and on about them but I don't have time:-). It was such a cool experience though.
Yesterday afternoon Hannah came over as she was staying with her Grandma!!! It was soooo much fun. We double ductched...well, kind of...took a walk, played some games....over all a lot of fun.

Tonight Mom and Dad are going out with some friends and us kids are throwing a party!!! lol....Really, we are. Derrick and Nicole, Alex, and now maybe Jordan and Ben are coming over to play Halo....yes I know, so exciting....but there is gonna be pizza so I'm okay with this whole thing. Now there are so many people that we are gonna have to take turns with the controlers...man. lol...

Great, Sanna smells and she hasn't gone for 3 days and Mom isn't here soooo....wish me luck.

4 comments:

Andrew said...

That was awesome!

And actually I think Halo is exiting too... but anyways.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, poor MK. I have a cousin who does the same thing. And man, that does stink! I had to change it, too. Bleh. I can hold my breath for the length of the Newport News Tunnel. How about you?!

I wish I would have been there with you at the astronomy thing. Sounds like fun.

Thanks for having me to your house! That was fun. Rachel can't wait to try the ropes. Hehe, we'll have to have Micmash turn for us!

So, when are you coming? I'm really looking forward to it. :D

Off to viola lessons!

Oh! I forgot to ask you, can you play Linus and Lucy on the bass? I wish I had remembered to try to figure it out with you on Friday. I know it by heart on the piano. Also, do you use alto clef, or bass?

CU!

* Han*
*

Anonymous said...

My teacher doesn't really do notes. Right now we are using this number system (like instead of A, A sharp, B, C, C sharp its 1, 2, 3 etc.). He said that we'll get more into the notes later on so if I want to play anything I have to take it in to him so he can "translate" it.

Hmmmm, I've never gone through the Newport tunnel but I can hold my breath for the entire tunnel before Philidelphia (you've probably never been through that one) and I almost held my breath the entire time for the...umm...I forget what it is called...you know its the one that goes underwater...I think it is maybe the Hampton Bay one...I don't, I forget.

Anonymous said...

No, I haven't gone through those tunnels, but I bet they're just as long. Wait, Hampton, VA?