Friday, December 21, 2007

Birch Logs

For a while now Mom has gotten it into her head (and ours as well) that she really really really wanted some birch logs for our fire place. Dad has kept on promising her that he would get one but....you know how it goes. Though he did try...lol. He and Andrew drove the Andrew's Audi (they gave it to him for his 18th *screams* birthday) down the gas line in search of a birch tree. But they didn't find one. They got stuck. So they walk up the gas line, get the Excursion (which doesn't have winter tires yet) to pull the Audi out. They got the Excursion stuck. They walk down to Grandpa's, get the tractor, and finally manage to get the cars out. While they are in the middle of that Mr. Jennings comes up and asks for help because HIS truck is stuck in a field about a 3/4 mile away. So they drive the tractor down there and get Mr. Jennings unstuck. And by that time it was dark and still no birch logs. So today Isaac and I got it into OUR heads that we were going to get the birch logs....lol. Isaac got and ax and I got a hatchet and the sled. We walked down the road, across Grandpa's field, and through the woods till we found the perfect dead birch tree (it was still standing though so we had to chop it down). Which we did. Dragged the 2 huge pieces out of the woods, chopped it up, and loaded it on the sled. Then we dragged it all the way up the hill to the inn. That is A LOT easier typed then done. All in all it took us about an hour. *groans*

Hehe...but it was fun in its own sort of way. It nice to know that we saved an hour of Dad's time :-).

Tomorrow we are having a birthday open house for Andrew. I think it is going to be lots of fun...and like everyone so far we invited is coming so we're going to have a house full! But there will be wassail and punch and cheese and crackers and bratwurst and Christmas cookies and all that other good food! hehe...sometimes, okay most times, the highlight of the party is food...and friends...and laughter...and all that snazzy jazzy stuff!!!

On Wednesday we watched Pirates 3!!! I loved it soooo much and it is sooo good and they will totally have to make number 4! Then last night we were going to watch it agian but we were thinking "hey we should watch 2 first as like a refresher thing" so we put in 2 and were about to play when we thought "oh wait, why are we watching 2, we should watch 1, then 2, and then 3 again. hehehehehe. So we watched 1 last night. lol. Oh and I'm excited because Peter Jackson is going to start filming the Hobbit in 2009!!! And he'll probably make it 2 movies so double the fun!!!!!!!!! Ahhhhh!!! I was afraid since he made King Kong or whatever he would do it. But now he is! Joy of joys! lol

Hmmm...Back to cleaning the house. That's the damper about parties.

2 comments:

Anna.Victoria said...

the partay was a blast!!!!
I love you so much!!!
and hahahaha. everytime I read or hear or think about the log thing...I laugh.
See you tomorrow!! woohoo!

Anonymous said...

that's funny.

I loved Pirates 3, too! Haha, I'm in the middle of rewatching #2 right now, and #1 was on TV last night, so we watched part of that.

Dad said the same thing; they have to make #4.

*jumps up and down* Peter Jackson IS GOING TO MAKE THE HOBBIT??!!! Dad asked me if I had heard anything recently, and I told him that the Wikipedia page seemed to say there was more hope, but I haven't checked recently. Where did you learn this? That's so exciting!

* Han*