In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. This was the first registration when Quirinius was governor of Syria. And all went to be registered, each to his own town. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the town of Nazareth, to Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his betrothed, who was with child. And while they were there, the time came for her to give birth. And she gave birth to her firstborn son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn. (Luke 2:1-7)
Rejoice! Again I say Rejoice! Christ the Lord is born today! 2,000 years ago the best gift was given--and yet we are still unwrapping it today. I think that we will always be unwrapping it. We will never be able to truly grasp how awesome it was of God to send His only Son to die for us. I have sooo many questions that need answers! One of them would be what was it like for Mary? This Christmas I'm the same age as she was when she gave birth...and I'm telling you I would have totally freaked out to have to become a mother in such an unusual way. Did she know that everything would turn out okay? She could have been stoned for becoming pregnant when betrothed. But then again that might have been the least of her worries...how was she, a peasant girl, to raise a child to become a king? If she didn't have any of those doubts, what would it be like not to have them? Haha...right. So many questions...and such a large amount of time to have them answered! Eternity! With CHRIST! All because He loved us...even though we were (and are!!) complete jerks! Ohh....I love Christmas! I love you Lord!
This morning we did the usual: wake up, read the Christmas story, do stockings and then presents. I got a watch and some fun jamies....and then totally unexpected a red ipod nano!!! I was very excited about that. And then Andrew got me a very sweet case to hold it. So this afternoon in between Grandparents and stuff I figured that out and downloaded music and stuff. Pretty fun....But I don't have to tell you what the best gift of all time was!
Merry Christmas!
3 comments:
Fun!
The best gift of all is forever. How...unimaginable!
<3 U! (That's supposed to be a heart)
* Han*
yeah that "<3" is cool but it doesn't look enough like a heart lol
I know. It's kinda weird.
It is amazing to think about what it was like for Mary. I can't imagine!
*Han*
Post a Comment