New Years Eve. I think I always look forward to a new year. A fresh start. New adventures. New trials to overcome. New problems to solve. "The old has past away; behold, the new has come." (2 Cor. 5:17) I always loved that verse. It's refreshing. It gives you that feeling of laying out on a quiet beach in FL, basking in the sun....not thinking of anything in particular. I, my family, and friends have been through a VERY trying year...BUT WE MADE IT!!! Next year might be 10 times harder (I'm praying it won't be) but we did it! If you had told me everything that would happen this past year...I probably would have looked at you with this really weird face and called you a heretic lol. Anyways....I always want to remember this feeling of hope that I get on New Years. So that when life gets crazy I can look back on it and remember how God got us through this year. And He can do it again a million billion willion times over!
As I think of everything we have been through, I also think of how I've grown in my relationship with my friends and God. My friends: always digging deeper and not just goofing off (though we still and always will goof off at least little =). Encouraging one another with notes and scripture...praying for one another...and just being there. My God: I have a new passion for wanting to KNOW about God. I want to fulfill His commandment to learn, understand, and be able to stand up for my faith (2 Tim 2:15, Jude 3, 1 Peter 3:15). Thank you everyone who has helped me to have this Passion!
Dell~thank you for taking the initiative over our little group and treating us all as your little sisters!
Demory~thanks for always wanting to talk and listen!
Anna~you are the best cousin in the world! A Grande sized thanks for wanting to be there!
Hannah~your letters always brighten my day and make me smile! You don't know how much I appreciate them!
Jennifer~thank you for being my friend no matter what and for being my comical relief!
Bethany~I seriously don't know what I would do without our friendship! I love you!
A Venti sized thanks to all of you!! *hugs*
~mattea
7 comments:
I love the new year too.
Yes..this year was VERY trying..but we did make it!!!
Well, if next year has to be even harder to bring us closer together and to God...then bring it on!! =D
Oh mattea, you are an awesome friend. I seriously can't imagine my life without your smiles and friendship and godlinees in it. *sniff*
I love you so much!!
You're the bestest cousin in the world...all of us think so. lol
The other night we were talking about you...and daniel gt tears in his eyes and said...
"Nothing could ever happen to Mattea...she's the best you can get." awww
*HUGE HUGS*
how's your butterfly faring???
hahahaha goos times!!
I'll always remember that day we did our butterfly tattoos. hahaha
:P
LOVE,
anna
Awwww! Daniel said that?? *sniff* that is sooo sweet!
I love you Anna!
haha...as to my butterfly...I don't know how it is cause I can't see it lol. But I ichted it a couple of times so it prolly doesn't look so good lol!!
I hope we move up near you someday! *Sniff sniff* Your letters make me smile and I read them first chance I get, but it's not the same as being able to SEE you. Double dutch would be easier to figure out with you. :(
Love you!
*Han*
another ray of sunshine (I like that, by the way; sounds better than comment):
I really admire someone who is not afraid to say that any type of trial that brings you closer to God is welcome. You have to be really relient upon Him to be so sure of that.
*Han*
awww thanks Hannah!
As for double dutch; I have Misha standing on the wood pile so she is 3 feet off the ground, and Maryah on a log so I can succesfully jump TRHEE times. lol...but it is tons of fun =).
Haha, that's really good! Every time Mom and R and I try it we get frustrated. She turns funny, R does, and if I try to compensate for it she scolds me. It's a vicious cycle. :p
*Han*
hahahaha...I feel for you Hannah! If ever we get down your way we will definitely have to try double dutching and see how we do!
Post a Comment