Right now Mom is making supper; pasta with oil and broccoli and then bread with dipping oil...YUM. I love eating Italian and I especially love when Mom trys new recipes (this happens to be a new recipe=). Andrew is out with friends watching a freaky movie (I am Legend). I've never seen it...but I don't recommend it lol. It is FREAKY. Though I guess it just depends on what a persons emotions can handle. Today we had fellowship at the Cornfields...nothing really to talk about that. Today the discussion was basically on David and Goliath. But we only got a little into it today so we'll see what next week brings.
Yesterday the Spanos came over!!! And they had Lizzy and Danielle! Fun fun fun! I really missed those girls. And now I'm not going to see them until summer...boo hoo. We played a fun board game though...really weird but fun.
Tomorrow we start school up again. And that means I have to start working on my 10 page paper again!!! *screams*. Well actually last year we did find out that it doesn't have to be 10 pages but it is still looong enough for me! This year I'm going to do it on how America was REALLY discovered. The whole 1492 Christoper C. thing is a (in my opinion) WAY to over emphasized. Columbus didn't just decide to go find a new land...he had a lot of help from other people, was wrong half the time, and was in fact a total jerk! Okay okay okay...perhaps I'm being a bit harsh but I needed to say that SOMEWHERE and obviously I couldn't write the above in my paper. But Columbus really did make some wrong choices concerning the way he treated other individuals.
And I think it is time to eat so I'd better go (my stomach is calling me).
2 comments:
I like Italy's national anthem, too! Italia...Italia! *hums to herself*
Yeah, isn't it a bummer about Columbus? I am reading this book, "Lies My Teacher Told Me", for history. There is a lot left unsaid, and some said that isn't true.
Not just about Columbus, either, which is sad.
Haha, it's funny, Mom asked me what she should make for supper that would be appealing to a 10-year-old we had over tonight, and I said that pea and potato soup your grandma made! She ended up putting a bunch of other veggies in it too, and it was really good. Thank you grandma for me! We now have a new favorite soup.
What board game did you play?
Ugggh, I Am Legend. I think it would freak me out too. Does Andrew enjoy that type of movie?
*Han*
I know that Andrew liked the movie but he mainly just went to be with his friends.
I forget the name of the board game. It was a really wierd unusual name. And though it was fun, some of the stuff was just a little unipropriate (like one card said, "move ahead 2 spaces if you can get someone to pick there nose" lol...and Nicky [the kid who got the card] got Isaac to do it!!!) hahahaha....
Wierd. But it was very fun because it was very clever.
Post a Comment