Table manners. That is my subject for this post. How they befuddle, bemuddle, and betuddle us. A hundred years ago table manners where a different thing. So here is a funny story.
There is a guy who works for my Dad and he told my older brother this story about his family a little while ago. This guy, hence forth known as Smithy, had a father who did not with hold his wrath very well. If he ever caught one of his sons with thier elbows on the table "JAB!!" "oooOOOOWWW!!!!" The dad would pick up his fork and jab them in the arm!! lol. This continued till Bob, the eldest, went to college. One day Bob comes home for Christmas vacation. Sits down to eat in a T-shirt (elbows ON the table) when "JAB!!!" "oooOOOWWW!!!!!" Bob looks down at his arm and low and behold he is BLEEDING!!! Thinking fast Bob then picks up HIS fork and "JAB!" "oooOOOWWW!!!!!" he stabs his dad in the arm and draws blood!
Awkward silence ensues.
Then they all start laughing the Dad never poked anyone again.
I hoped that amused you....
Here is something else that should amuse you. The letters "Q, X, Z, and J" are the most un-used letters in the English language. Figure out which two separate, four-letter words have two of those uncommon letters in them. Example: Say the letters were A, T, F, and G. Then the 2 words could be "father and get". But any letter in the word cannot appear twice (for instance you could not have "jazz" for one of your words). Try to figure it out (its not THAT hard--the two words are rather common) and leave your answer in a "ray of sunshine" aka comment. I'll let you know if you get it right! (or wrong for that matter :o).
*mattea*
6 comments:
I don't do word games. I'll try later though.
If my father tried hitting me with a fork, his arm would be gone!
Hey, mattea, how do you name your comments? For instance how did you get it to say "ray of sunshine".
I was going to say 'jacquard' is one of the words, but then I realized it has more than four letters. Ugh. Oh! I know! One is 'quiz'! Hmmm....the other one...aha! Jinx!
Am I right? That was fun.
*Han*
yep, you're right Hannah!!!
Hey Mattea, I just wanted to explain why your comment was deleted. My cousin's dad is mormon, and he probaly reads my blog...
how about alfa and tag?
(the letters from ur second example)
hiya mattea :)
Post a Comment