Friday, April 25, 2008

Belated Birthday Bash

My birthday sleepover was a success. Hahahaha.....there were two especially funny moments which I shall share with you. The first was this. I was going through the bag of stuff from beth and had so far pulled out 5 pairs of socks. This time I reached in and got a cell phone. Now, you know how your brain can think like a thousand thoughts in just the span of a few seconds? Well, while the cell was still in the bag it immediately clicked that this was beth's phone and she had put it in there by accident. So I let a huge grin spread across my face and whoop really loudly "wow Beth, I've always wanted a cell phone! You are the best friend EVER!!!" Her mouth kind of drops and she says "hey wait a sec gi'me that!" I just start laughing and go on a on about what a cool gift this was and all that jazz. That became the joke of the 24 hours we were together. (Turns out she had put her cell in there for safe keeping and forgot to take it out). The second funny moment came at about 11:00 pm. We were watching Nancy Drew and were at an especially tense part. (Back ground info: About a month ago Isaac locked himself out of the house while we were all gone. To get back in he had to break on of the little window sections in the door to be able to reach the nob on the inside). So we were sitting there with out backs to the door watching said Nancy Drew. Being three girls we were rather jumpy (everyone else was in bed). We heard this sound like someone trying to get in and I just think it must be Mom coming in from the kitchen. When I turned around there was no one there. So then I thought it was the cats scratching at the porch door. I turn and look at that (along with Beth and Jenn) and we see a long hand reaching through the window and opening the door!! We all freaked out completely. And then the door opens all the way and we see Andrew coming in late from Navigators. He is just laughing and laughing. And us girls were still trying to calm ourselves from the shock and half mad at him for scaring us but half glad it was him and not someone else. Hhahahehehe....

On Sunday we had the Slacks over!! It was so fun to see them....we never see them now.....but we had a great time doing everything we could think of. 

Monday....just school and that sort of thing...

Tuesday watched kids all day because Mom and Dad were gone

Wednesday went to the Doctors. Turns out I don't have marfans syndrome after all! The ex-ray tech who first read the ex-rays made a mistake and these few past months of terror have been "much ado about nothing" as Shakespeare would say. It is rather maddening but God has taught me a lot. 

Thursday school and watched kids

Today: school and hanging out under the sun!

P.S. check this out! Its worth watching ALL of it! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4zgJXPpI4

P.P.S. But don't forget to leave a comment!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! That's funny. I bet Andrew still gives you a hard time about it.

I'm glad YOU have sun. I get to have my driving lesson in the rain again today. Ugh. Oh well, it's still fun to drive.


*GrayinVA*

mattea kiriel said...

Hey its probably good for you to get practice in rain! It has been raining steadily here all day long.

Anonymous said...

yeah, I have to admit, it is more exciting.

It's now sunny here, with a high that feels like 75! Yay!

~nowsunnyinVA

Anonymous said...

ugh. my laptop is covered in pollen.

~itsalsoallergyseasoninva

mattea kiriel said...

hahha! I'm assuming that you were outside at that moment?

pollen=VA snow

Anonymous said...

it was when it got covered. I went inside to get something, came back and it was disgusting. And that stuff is sticky!

VA snow. Yeah. That's true. Bleck.

-hey