We are doing a lot of spring outside cleanup. Right now we have a bon fire going and we are going to have our new neighbor Olivia down to roast marshmallows. Tomorrow I am finally going to have my sleep over! Haha, here we are, more than a month later and we are just having it now. I know we are going to have pizza and cake and probably watch the new Nancy Drew. Also we are sure to play several games of spit (the card game, not actually spitting). So far beth has always beaten Jennifer and I. That is about to change. Jenn and I have been sharpening our spit skills and are sure to win at least one game this time. I don't know what it is with that Beth....she just has a knack for almost everything. And Jenn and I are always one step behind. Usually laughing and not taking anything seriously. Hahaha.....oh I don't know how beth puts up with us except for the fact that she is usually the one who comes up the craziest of ideas and maybe we are all a lot alike actually. Jenn and I are the ones who are going to take over the world using Scottish tennis rackets but then Beth IS the one who decided to have a wrestling match and made up new words to "Hey there Delia". So yes, I'm looking forward to that.
Yesterday was Grandma's birthday so I read to her today instead of on her bday because she and Grandpa went shopping. All day. She had a great time. Also Maryah had her stanford tests to take so I was watching kids. Boy am I glad to be done with those stanford tests. Of course now I have the SAT's to look forward to but....those tests were 2 days long and the sat's will only take half a day or so.
Okay, I'm heading outside for marshmallows now! (I know, I'm so lazy.....updating my blog when I should be working but hey Mom knew what I was doing and she didn't say anything so it must've been fine).
6 comments:
Yesterday I was sure the forecast was going to be 'Sunny with a high of 75", but they said. 74. Missed it by that much!
Our whole family was out today, cleaning our road. I got waylaid tying up my clematis. : ) We found two sets of tires!
I hope you have a GREAT sleepover. Do you know how to play spoons?
Ugh, SATs. I was getting all worried about having to take them in June, but we talked to someone who teaches a SAT prep class, and she said to wait til next year. Good. The Stanford test I took a couple weeks ago was hard enough.
~Hbabysitting
Two sets of tires?! Thats hilarious! (I guess...rather disconcerting too)
Yes I do know how to play spoons! Very fun game! One time we didn't have any spoons, so we used forks and one kid got gouged in the thumb. hahaha.....poor guy. He and Andrew actually wrote a song about it which you can find on Andrew's blog. (just go to december in his drop-down archives and then scroll not quite half way down the page. The post is titled "Here you Go Tai!"
"sharpening your spit skills" hahaha
Spoons rules!
I actually won two games of spoons!! Beth still dominated it but even Jennifer won one round.
oh!! so that's what that was about. I didn't get that part of the song. Forks! haha.
~Hatthelibrary
Yes it is rather funny once you get the story behind it. Hehehe
Post a Comment