Monday, April 14, 2008

"Mother....Weed" ~Larry Boy

On Friday we left to deliver some stoves in a more southerly direction. All of us went except for andrew who had college and was going on a retreat with the Navigators (a campus youth group thing--a lot like campus crusade for Christ). Friday evening we hung out at the hotel and Saturday Dad delivered some stoves and we enjoyed the 80 degree weather! (much warmer then 50 lol)
We ate some good food.....hahaha.....and just walked around a lot. 

Sunday was definitely the highlight because we got to go to the Sovereign Grace mother church, Covenant Life, in Gaithersburg, MD. The church is HUGE!!! We had just enough time to make it to the late service at 11:30 and I figured since it was the late one not so many people would be there. But it was PACKED!! The last time I was there (I was about 9 or 10) the church was under construction but it was all finished this time. I was sooo excited to Josh Harris leading worship I was practically jumping up and down. And I think I might have seen the back of C.J.'s head but I'm not sure. And then (drum roll please) Bob Kauflin preached! I was totally jumping up and down then (on the inside at least). Mr. Kauflin preached on depression and it was sooo good as several friends of mine/family members struggle with that. And if you could be praying because I got back home late yesterday and my Mom was talking with my Aunt today. My Aunt Sue said that yesterday at fellowship (or at some point that day I'm not really sure exactly when) this girl who goes (and I think does struggle with depression) there gave them a note saying she was considering suicide. She is 18 years old (for her sake I won't mention her name) but is very with-drawn (like she'll come to fellowship but will just stay off by herself and away from the teens--usually with the little kids). We try to reach out to her but she is hard to reach. She has trouble with her parents and actually lives with her older married brother. For her whole life she has been home schooled but this year she decided to go to the high school. So my Aunt and Uncle got in touch with her school counselor and I know she is in good hands but she obviously is in a big need for prayers. Please pray that we could be a light in the darkness for her in this time and that we could point her to the true light in the darkness. Also that her parents would give her their love during this trial and that she would accept it. Thanks! 

~mattea 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, praying for her.

it is GLORIOUS down here.

I'm glad you had a good Sunday!

I did get your letter, and it was a big encouragement, so know that I am going to write back!

~BibliophileH

-Phyllis+ said...

omgosh, I've never been directly connected to something like that but I hear about it all the time. I'll be praying for her.

to that last comment joe; yes, a real live recorded Cinderella called Mira at 10:15 to wish her a happy birthday and ask her what her favorite cake was (but then Cinderpants gave it to Grumpy :).

mattea kiriel said...

I know it is rather disconcerting. At least she told people though...that was rather smart =) some people will keep themselves all bottled up till its to late.

hahaha, thats funny! I want Cinderella to call me on my birthday! lol