Friday, May 16, 2008

You Hold the Future of Our Water~Keep it Clean

Mom and Dad are in VA for a meeting for business and they are turning it into an over night so I'm watching kids for a whole 30 hours. In about 20 minutes we are going down to Grandpa and Grandma's for speghetti and meatballs yum yum yum. I've heard rumors of cake too. 

Yesterday I was very excited. Every year our state has this conservation poster contest where they give you a theme and you make a poster to go with it (the theme for 2008 is Water is Life). It is broken down into counties first though, and then if you win in your grade group (mine being 10-12) then you go to states and you can win money *:-$*. Hahahaha.....well, the letter came yesterday and I won 1st place for my county! And a homeschooler at that! HEhehe, I was screaming all over the place just because I didn't think I would win...well, maybe an honorable mention, but definitely not 1st place. I doubt I'll have a chance at states but winning county and going to an awards ceremony is fine with me. :)

And Demory C. and I have made pact! We are each going to run 3 times a week! I decided I'd have to hold myself accountable to someone if I was really going to do this because knowing me I'll go once, make 1,000 excuses and QUIT. So now I have to do it or be shamed forever. (We haven't come up with how we'll be shamed though). We were thinking that whoever stops has to pay for the other persons health insurance......but like I said, we're not sure :). 

Okay, I need to get the kids ready to go and give them the load down of the "remember your P's&Q's and don't cough without covering it with your elbow (yes I have spread the cold to the rest of my fam) and don't blow your nose in you shirt (not that anyone does that except Sanna...hahahaha, that reminds me of a story I read once. It was about these missionaries to China and the missionarys had just moved into their house and put down a beautiful rug. Well, a chinese guy walks in, says hi, then proceeds to blow his nose in his hand and wipe it on the rug hahahahaha.....though I suppose it wasn't funny then....oh, the book is called "Nothing Daunted" its a very good book.)

Right, so I REALY am going this time! (hmmm.....I did something like this in my other post as well). Hehehehehe....okay....this is me publishing my post!)

P.S. THe title of this post was my statement for my poster.

yeah, okay okay, I'm going, I'm going!!

1 comment:

sherlock said...

That's so cool mattea! Wow....

I tried the running thing. My computer is not the best accounibility partner.

Money is nice. Water is nicer. Home made Florida orange juice that I have in my hand is the bestest.