Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Narnia: Prince Caspian

Yesterday Sanna came running in screaming "Its raining stones!!" And her jaw just dropped open. Hahahaha, I guess she's never seen hail before. Out in the western part of our state it was snowing but thankfully it didn't here. And today it looks like it is going to be rather nice, though on the cool side. Once (or should I say "if"?) the weather gets warmer I am determined to wear shorts the entire summer and put away my jeans till the fall. We'll see how that works out.

We saw Prince Caspian on Sunday! It was very good. Caspian is a bit more of a simpler story compared to all the others so with what they had to work with they did excellent. I hear they are going to start filming The Voyage of the Dawn Treader this September and it will be out in 2010 (the year I graduate--YIPES). All of us (the E's and C's) were torn as whether not we wanted Caspian and Susan to fall in love....I don't think they should have but that is the only complaint I have with the entire movie--very well put together. One funny moment in the theater: when Susan and Caspian first met (you could see they liked each other at the first second) the 3 older girls sighed and said "awww" and the 3 younger girls said "ewwwww". Hehehe, well, it was funny at the moment. Here's another funny thing: I was just leaving  and was waving bye to everyone (so I wasn't looking where I was going) and I slammed into a telephone booth. Hahaha, it was just like in a movie or something where you are walking walking walking having a good time and then suddenly "wham" you crash into something. (It hardly hurt though incase you were wondering....not that you were....but maybe someone out there will feel the slightest pity for me.....and if you are pitying me.....DON'T because I still think it was very funny).

Yesterday I went for my first run. And the E's came out to Grandma's. I guess they are going to make a habit of coming out once a week this summer. That'll be fun. 

Today I am reading to Grandma....

And that's about it! Have a great week everyone! Enjoy spring!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the running and the poster, MK! Great job on getting an accountability partner, too. That's smart. Our family started a sit-ups competition. : )

I can't wait to see Caspian

~H the bibliophile

mattea kiriel said...

Sit-ups competition? Haha, sounds fun!

-Phyllis+ said...

mattea you taitor!!! Caspian stunk!!!! Have you even read the book?!?!?! It was so lame how they made Caspian and Susan fall for each other....losers.

Anonymous said...

Mattea, or Felicity. That is the question.....


Really, **Eliza** (insert Felicity in here)

Anonymous said...

how dare you call mattea a taitor! Your so mean! Potatoes happen to be very nice people. When spelled correctly....

sherlock said...

Hey Mattea, if you want to, you could write up a Caspian review for "the few i see". Let me know.

sherlock said...

Okay. Either I could make you a member, or you could just post it on here and I would copy and paste it into a copy post on "the few i see" (with credit, of course)

I thought it would be interesting to have a few different perspectives on the movie. I won't see it for awhile and Felicity is already working on a hateful review...