Friday, August 22, 2008

Jitter Bug

We are at home, and I'm sitting out at the picnic table just enjoying my last few days of freedom. Its probably 80 in the sun, but here in the shade its quite pleasant. There is even a warm breeze. The sky is blue....surprise surprise. But no, really, its just a perfect day. Out in the field there are hay bales. Birds a calling each other. The crickets are chirping. Its beautiful. It would take a lot to get me to move. This'll always be home. You know what I mean? 

Yeah, I know, I'm getting sentimental. Sorry. But I've been thinking a lot about my future. This is 11th grade....*quivers*.....I have to start thinking about life after high school. I've always known(since I was 3) that I want to major in nursing. So yeah, at least I know what I want to be :). But there is that dreaded word. College. I do know that my highest calling is to be a wife and mother. And nothing should get in the way of that. So is college the best choice? And if college is the best choice, where do I go? Studies show that students do better in warm areas so I've always said I would go to Pensacola Christian College. But it is SO far away! There are a few good schools around here but.....I don't know, I'm starting to second guess all my decisions because whatever I decide will decide my future. (wow is that a scary word). When I was younger I always thought this time of my life would be exciting but.....easy. Because I figured when I got to the point of my life (which is now) that I would have to do this stuff, I'd be ready and grown up enough to handle it. But here is the truth: I am still VERY much a kid. Will I ever not be? Will I be able to stand my ground when life throws itself at me? (it has a tendency to do that to me, I've noticed :-). 

I guess I've got the plain old growing up jitters that everyone gets...it just bugs me because I always thought I wouldn't get them--that I'd be ready. lol...I sound pathetic. 

Anyways, different subject. (I have trouble transitioning). Today I ran close to 2 miles which is the most I've ever done in my entire life. My goal is do be able to do 3 but we'll see what happens. Hahhaa.....In the very beginning when I started running I had this crazy dream. You know how me and my friend Demory were doing this together? Well, I dreamt that we were talking and I said, "I ran my mile this morning, how about you?" and just at that second her brother, Jarred, (who is on the tack team at his school) walked in and said "well, I just got back from my 26 mile run!" Haha, in my dream I felt like I wanted to die. Here I was so happy that I'd run 1 mile and he comes back from running 26! Hehehehe

Have a great day! To all of you in FL don't let Fay eat you!

No comments: