- Research tells us that drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day can significantly reduce pain for almost 80% of people who suffer from back and joint pain.
- 75% of all Americans are chronically dehydrated
- A mere 2%drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanisim is so weak that it's often mistaken for hunger
- One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters in a University of Washington research project.
- Even mild dehydration will slow down ones metabolisim as much as 3%
- Drinking just 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%. One is also 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Saturday Andrew and I went to hang out with Dell, Dem, Jarred, Stephen, Josh, Anna, Daniel and Rachael. Hahaha....fun times. First we went to the coffee shop (and I found out that I shouldn't drink coffee past 3:00pm) with Dell, Demory, Steve and Josh and then we went to Market St. where we met up with the E's. We walked up and down popping into random stores, buying pizza randomly and just acting weird. After Daniel and Stephen tried to scare us by moving the van to a different spot in the parking garage so we wouldn't find it, (they didn't have us fooled for a sec), we went back to the C's house, changed, then headed out to play volleyball. I haven't played that in years but it was really fun actually. Then after nearly dying of hunger we ate spagehetti at 8:30. Then we realized that it was way past the time when we were supposed to go to the drive-in theater to watch Dark Knight (I suppose you don't want another review on that do you sherlock? lol). So we changed into pj's, grabbed blankets and money and ran out the door and speeded to the drive-in. After several wrong turns made by the driver of the car I was in, we made it just in time. Dark Knight was very good. I liked it. Even though we all froze watching it. (we could see our breath! how un-cool is that!?!?!?! We did see some shooting stars though, that was cool). Then after Josh ran over Stephens foot when he turned the car on, we went back to the C's. Well, Andrew, me, Josh, Dem, and Dell did. Then we stayed up WAY to late just talking in the living room about this book Josh wants to write, college, weird Air force moments (Josh is in the air force) and other things till we went to bed at 4:00am (I know, we are REALLY bad). And then the mattress I was sleeping on you could feel the springs right through it, and then my coffee that I had earlier...I didn't sleep that much. lol
We woke up, cleaned, and then had church. After that we went and played more V-ball.
We start school tomorrow.
Darn
lol
Have an awesome, blessed week everyone.....
11 comments:
Sounds like fun. I can't believe summer is over! And so it ends and the other 'it' begins. Aaaah, precalculus! Second day and it's going well. Check back in a few weeks. : )
Did you finish TTC? I'm reading Beowulf now, but TTC comes later. You'll have to tell me about it.
Back to work.
~Han
Yes I finished TTC a few days ago. I liked it a lot. Which is weird. Yeah there is some boring dialog but it is so well written and there is such a plot that near the end I couldn't put it down.
You always have such cool stuff to post about.
Melbourne had really bad flooding to.
Sounds like fun is an understatement. I wish I was up there. I wish I had friends as good as that. I wish I wasn't so mopey. ;)
Don't worry, felicity will hopefully have your blog of her list soon, before anyone finds it.
Um, mattea, I think it would be a good idea for you to read this review of TTC:
http://www.pluggedinonline.com/read/read/a0004206.cfm
before you read the other books...
Just watching your back. |)
Um, actually, TTC stands for Tale of Two Cities....by charles dickens. (though I guess twilight starts with t too dosn't it hehe)
as for the twilight series, I kinda already read...all of them. Its really not the type of book I would read but all my friends were reading them (good excuse I know) and my parnets and I had a big talk (coming to the conclusion that yes I could read them as long as ...dot dot dot) and......yeah.....thanks though:) Nice to have someone "watching my back". I need that a lot. lol
And sherlock, I'm SURE you have fun friends down your way, somewhere :o)
**Rolls on floor laughing really really hard**
**punches self for being so stupid, still laughing really really hard**
Sorry for being all mopey all over your blog, reading your post just made mew ish I lived up there with all you friendly fun ppl. Yes I do. But they don't hang out much. And when they do it's short. But it's where God has me, so i'm content.
Yeah, I read a chapter or two of twighlight 1 and something inside me said "icky icky" so I stayed far away from it. But different people have different convictions, so that's just me. Smiles,
Sherlock
I know, before I cliked on the link you gave me I was like "whoa, wait! What on earth could be wrong with tale of 2 two cities! What does he have against that...I didn't know there was a second one. I mean, there is some gore and it can be depressing but......" lol
Yeah, twilight is really a girl book. I wouldn't recomend it for guys. Period. Though one of my guy friends is reading it which is really weird but thats his problem I guess. lol And yes, different people do have different convictions. When it comes to my friends I would tend to say they are a lot more.....shall I say liberal?..... for christians when it comes to their choices in movies, music, and books. But like you said, different people have different convictions. And I know what my convictions are the but problem is I have a hard time standing my ground when the bigger crowd is on the other side.
Know what I mean?
I'm going to quote you and respond in posty post format. :D grins.
TALE OF TWO CITIES!!! HAHAHHAHAHAA!
i'll be cracking up at this for a long time, next time I see you in person I'll just scream "tale of two cities"... and it will be a hysterical inside joke. 'D.
How's dell and the rest doing?
oo I love inside jokes lol.
hehehe
Dell is doing great. She started a few college writing courses this week....not sure how thats gone so far. She still works at the coffee shop near their house. Everyone else is doing pretty well too.....if you ever want to find them they are on (of course) FACEBOOK. lol That is one thing I will NEVER do. Unless maybe when I'm in college because technically that's who its for. But still, blogger is so much more thoughtful. *cheesy grin*
heehee. Faceater I like to call it.
Post a Comment