Yesterday one of my old friends, Amarah, got married. I was really looking forward as to how they would do it because they are kind of "conservative" (you know, dresses/head coverings) but they're non-denominational (they have their own home church type thing). Anyways, the wedding was beautiful. It was outside and it rained a little but that didn't matter because it was just plain happy. It was very simple and held on their own property but there was just this sweetness and pureness that I've never seen at a wedding. Everything (and everyone) was so laid back. It started out with this German exchange Dartmouth student, Norbert Kleinwachter, playing guitar. He was so crazy good! Then the ceremony....simple, but sweet. Tons of people were crying. I almost cried but didn't humble myself so much as to actually do it lol. Then the food....yum. Hahhaa....it was actually dish to pass and they provided the meat which was nice. After a while my family went home except Andrew and I (andrew had brought his own car because the others had to leave early as it was sanna's b'day). Then came the square dancing! I LOVE square dancing. I missed the first half of the first circle dance but I had to jump in near the end because this one girl decided to stop in the middle of the dance....(her little sis was bothering her or something)....so you know how in square dancing everyone dances with everyone and even if you have a partner, you are really only with your partner for a little bit and then everyone is passed off to different people? Well, because that girl, who was Norbert's partner, stepped out, Andrew and Norbert were just about to have to "swing each other round" when Andrew is like "mattea get in here!!" and pulls me into the circle just in time. (so Andrew and Norbert only had to hold hands for about 5 seconds lol). The we did a few line dances and another circle dance and we went home around 4, dead tired. (each dance lasts about 10-15 minutes and you get exhausted, not to mention hot and, depending on the dance, dizzy).
Until now, I've always wanted to elope, but now I'm thinking I might want a wedding like that. I just really can't stand the whole "frufruness" of a wedding. Which is kind of weird because I would consider myself to be very "girly". I just know I want LOTS of flowers. hehe....but you know, seriosly, I have like at least 5 years until that day (20 years according to Mom and Dad...lol jk) and by then I'll probably have decided that I want the hugest wedding ever.....well, probably not but really, who knows? ('cept the Great One of course).
Then Grandpa and Grandma came up for supper and cake. Sanna was so happy to have it be her birthday at last. (she has been waiting for it since the day after she turned 3).
On Sunday Mom and Dad got the crazy idea to visit their home church. It was nice....but it lasted 2 hours and 45 minutes! Trust me, I know because I was timing it after it hit the 1 and 1/2 hour mark. Ugh. And no one complained afterword that it just went on and on so that must be the usual for them. Again, UGH. We hung around, ate, tried to solve riddles, watched all the guys take down this huge tent they had had set up for the wedding, and played 15 minutes of v-ball but then it was time to go.
It was back to school today. Math wasn't so bad today, and neither was science so here I am writing a blog post after lunch. I should probably go do the dishes now so.......ttfn as tiger says.
No comments:
Post a Comment