Saturday, October 11, 2008

~*Save The Bees*~

We don't have school for a whole 8 days!!! Woo hoo! Starting Tuesday we have the sale and I'm getting rather excited about it. But my Uncle and his family can't come up after all :-(. 

I think we are having our Indian Summer. Its going to get up in the 70s for the next few days, though its been freezing the past few weeks. Dad showed me how to use the leaf blower last night and I got most of our huge yard done. Its during the fall you feel like getting rid of some of the trees in your yard. lol. But it was fun. The last time I had tried to use it I was like 70 lbs and it would propel me backwards if I pulled the trigger back far enough. This time it worked quite well. My shoulders are a little soar but other than that.....

Maryah is having a friend over for her b'day and they supposedly are going to cook ALL DAY (they are both aspiring french chefs). They are going to make tons of cookies and then supper, and then make a dish to pass to take to church. Hmmm...if they do all that I'll be quite surprised. We really do need to make lots of cookies though because we are going to have a cookie and cider stand at the quilt sale. We are going to donate the money we make to PSU's "save the bees" program. This past year the honey bee population dropped by a big 33%. Ugh.  And they don't know exactly why. It most likely is the pesticides we use on crops, but its not for sure. In France, I believe, the honey bee went almost extinct so the country made a ban on pesticides 5 years ago and just now the honey bee is starting to come back. I think we really should stop using pesticides anyways because they just aren't good. And genetic engineering of seeds. ugh. You know up in ice land they have a top security vault in a mountain that contains many "original" seeds. Because if we keep genetically engineering things eventually we aren't going to have the "real thing" anymore. Several leaders of different countries have keys to the vault, but you can only open it if you get all the keys together. Sounds like a movie doesn't it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would it surprise you if I told you I know where one of those keys are hidden?

~BibliophileH

mattea kiriel said...

You MUST be a spy!!!

Other wise you wouldn't know about that.

Anonymous said...

who's moi?

Anyhoo, that's scary, because my uncle is a bee keeper.

sherlock said...

Where have you been mattea?

This is funny, I've been clicking arounda ll these old corning blogs (like the "phantom" thing haha) and some of them are randomly updating saying "I've been gone a long time" etc. etc.

It's funny how blogs come and go.