Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Jitter Bug!! (That is getting to be an annoying commercial)

I just got out of the shower...and while I was in there two spiders decided to join me!! Ugh. Normally I really don't mind bugs at all. I mean, a bugs a bug and thats that (and my favorite car is a Bug). But bugs in the shower.......they are just not supposed to be there. And TWO of them at the SAME time! Again, I say, ugh. I've never seen spiders like that before. They looked like mosquitoes only they didn't have any wings. Just long spindly legs and a fragile looking body. So I sprayed one of them down the drain, and the other got smushed with a bottle of shampoo. So here is the question....Have you ever felt convicted about killing a bug? I knew this one person who wouldn't be able to kill a bug, even if it was a mosquito sucking her blood. She just couldn't bring herself to slap it. Personally, I always feel this little twinge of guilt right before killing a bug (call me weird if you like), but after its done I really don't care. 

So it is now 2009....And, like usual, on all of my school papers I still write "08". They all say "1/6/big-scribble-pen-mark-here 09" 

I made several resolutions....they are as follows:
Spiritual resolutions:
  • Learn to recognize God's voice
  • Obey God's voice
Physical resolutions:
  • learn to do a cartwheel (will start to do this in the summer--somehow me trying to do a cartwheel in the living room isn't a nice picture)
  • run 3 miles (also to be put in action come summer. Last summer I was able to go a little over 2 miles, so I'm trying for 3 now.)
On thursday we are having a homeschool sha-bang with the C's. For state requirements some of us have to perform speeches to people other than family, so we are getting together to do that. (Last year we had the Medieval Pie, if you remember, so this year since we are studying the pioneers right now we are calling it the "Pie-O-Neer"). My speech is on how the French Revolution came about. And....I'm going to dress up like Marie Antoinette.....with a wig and all. :-D

Okay, I'm off to hold a funeral for two little bugs that shall remain nameless.  

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last line there was hysterical.

I must confess that I kill a lot of bugs. A lot.

(should I feel guilty?)

mattea kiriel said...

YES you should feel guilty!!!


laugh out loud just joking. (I'm on an abbreviations strike)

Anonymous said...

my mom would be accountable for a legion of bug murders if there was such a crime. you should see her go after the elder bugs with the vaccuum! On the other hand, there is a problem with killing bugs in large numbers, and it eventually starts to backfire. I, however, have no problem killing a bug that has invaded my personal space.

There. I said my piece.

How did your speech go? You'll have to send me a picture of your Marie Antoinette costume!

~h

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, I know that commercial!

*snickers*

Delian said...

hahahaha Tea was THE GREATEST ever for her speech!!!! =D =D =D.

Also I would LOVE to teach you how to do a cartwheel. You just gotta either convince yourself that your crazy enough to do it... or that its not that big of a deal to do (i like the first one better) :P. And you are crazy enough to do it!! :P :P :P

3 miles GOOD IDEA!!! We should run together!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

Andrew said...

I've seen some pretty big bugs in my shower.