Thursday, January 15, 2009

You Say Goodbye, I Say Hello

President Bush just finished his farewell address to America. It was beautiful. I think I could cry if I put my mind to it. :) The tradition of a farewell address dates all the way back to George Washington himself. Amazing. George Bush really has been a good president you know. Of course, I don't need to tell you that.
I am determined to enjoy his last days in office. I have felt safe with him there. 
As to Obama....I can't help but think that Obama won't have a country to give a farewell address too. But I don't want to be negative right now....optimism is the key wot wot? 

Yes...I have to start being optimistic again. I've had my hopes dashed so many times this past year that I've given it up...well, I'll be optimistic on the out side but on the inside....thats a different story. Yes. I shall be optimistic. I had good news on Tuesday. I had to get up painfully early on that dark, cold morning and Mom Dad Sanna and I drove 2 hrs. to get to "the big hospital" to see my back specialist. Once we got there it continued to be painful. We had to wait for a whole hour until I could get my x-ray done. And then we had to wait an hour after that for the Doc. to come tell us what the x-rays said. It was worth the wait though :). The scoliosis (curvature of my spine) has STOPPED!!!!! *dances*. So my Doc said that since it has stopped, we are out of the woods now. I won't have to worry about ending up in a brace or having surgery, or pain. *another dance*. I had so thought that it would have curved another 3 points because thats what it has been doing every year--gaining a couple points steadily each time. But in a whole 9 months it hasn't moved a bit! Because I probably won't grow more than another inch, it really shouldn't move anymore. (darn it, I wanted to make it to 5'10". I guess I'll have to be happy with 5'9". lol. though some days I wish that I had stopped at 5'6")

So yes that was a bright spot of my week....did you have a bright spot?? What was it? (c'mon tell me--even if it was only your dog sitting when you told it to, or getting a letter with YOUR name on it :) 

8 comments:

sherlock said...

I'm so happy for you! Even though I have know idea what scoliosis is, but I'm sure it's a great relief! I'm trying to come back to blogging, but I have a hard time posting now.

Bright spot(s) of my week:
Having it get into the 30's and 20's and having frost all over the ground. Sitting around a fire with my friends and making jokes that I didn't know were dirty until after I said them. Oops. But I was forgiven. And besides, they are all 20-something. . .

sherlock said...

Obama's farewell speech:

"Well my great nation, I changed things! And now my presidency will last another 48 years, as determined by the constitution. Also I will be wearing this green uniform all the time, and will now be reffered to as "Fearless Leader"."

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

That's GREAT, Mattea! What a relief.

Bright spot of my week: went to a string quartet master class, which was great in itself. Afterwards one of our friends gave us tickets to a Baltimore Symphony Orchestra concert which was amazing!

And now I'm doing school on a Saturday to make up for it. : } Oh well.

~Han

-Phyllis+ said...

Bright spot of the week: hmmm, I'll have to think about that one......... MY SISTER HAD HER BABY!!!! SO SO SO SO SO HAPPY!!!

Anonymous said...

AWWW!!! Congrats Aunt Felicity!! :D

sherlock said...

I'm back to blogging mattea. And since you are my most faithful blogging buddy, I decided u should be the first to know. ;-)

mattea kiriel said...

yeah I need to update too.....