Friday, April 10, 2009

Bam Blam Kaboom!

That is the sound of me legally firing a gun at an animal. (In season of, course. lol) 

Yes, I got my hunter's permit. *little dance inserted here*. Isaac and I attended 3 hunter-trapper education courses this week at our local middle school. They were each almost 4 hours long, which was rather grueling, but I wasn't as bored as I thought I would be. They covered topics such as gun safety, bow safety, dear hunting, turkey hunting, trapping, first aid, ethics, and laws/regulations. There were 70 other kids there, and I wasn't the only girl which I was very happy about. Mom was like "Mattea, of course there will be other girls there." But I wasn't so sure.....

Needless to say, my brain is now filled with all sorts of information that wasn't there on Monday. We took the test last night, and out of 65 questions, I got 4 wrong. It was a new test, and the instructors had to take it last week to make sure they were still up to date....and each of the instructors got one wrong when they took it. Which was interesting. But out of all the kids, I don't think anyone completely failed. Some of the kids did the first time, but then they let them take it a second time and then they passed. And that sentence is filled with pronoun confusion but I don't feel like fixing it. 

Today is easter vacation day. And we are working, of course lol. Except for right now, I'm being a bad girl and updating my blog. But actually they don't need me right now :). Dad is just cutting down a tree....so the only thing that needs to be done is for us to all yell "timber" at the top of our lungs as it comes down. 

Last night Bella woke me up at 1am with her barking. And then she proceeded to bark for an hour. Half of me was mad at her, but the other half was glad because that is what she does to scare away the coyotes. That is why I am so glad to have my hunter permit because now I can go blam down those coyotes. They are so annoying. I'm scared to go for a run on the trails because of them, and I can't run on the main road because of the hicks. So I am going to annihilate them. (annihilate the coyotes, that is. Although I should figure out a way to annihilate the hicks too.....)

We are going to dye eggs soon....Hooray! Hehehe, I love dyeing eggs, for some reason. 

And yesterday I did something crazy (well, the hunter test was crazy too but I did something even crazier). I pierced my ear. Well, I didn't do it...the person at the mall did it, but yeah. I got one of the cartilage piercings up at nearer the top of my ear...its a little diamond and I think it looks kinda snazzy (if I do say so myself). I've actually been thinking about doing it for a year....and praying and talking with my parents....and yesterday I up and did it. I really like it, but if I decide I don't, I have a year to think about it. It takes that long for the cartilage to heal. So that was my week...

Have a great rest of your week!

6 comments:

Anna.Victoria said...

AHH MATTEA THAT'S AWESOME!!!! =D
About your ear!
Omgg! :) :) :)
I wanna see it tomorrow, k???!!!

xoxoxo

Anna.Victoria said...

and ps I LOVE YOUR PICUTRE =D

Anonymous said...

FOX all the way.

CNN = Communist News Network

Josiah said...

I don't understand why girls willing-ly(- is purposeful mistake) put holes in themselves. Ow!

Must be a gal thing... But boys do plenty of other stupid things, and since I think getting a small and ahem tasteful tattoo...... would be cool.....

mattea kiriel said...

Anna- yeah I had to photograph that cookie before I could eat it!

lol, I know sherlock, it is weird that we like to put holes in ourselves.....I can't explain it except that it IS a girl thing. Haha, except for when guys decide to do it which is just weird. Very weird....what I can't stand are the earplugs. They are just down right grouse.

han said...

my mom loves those 'earplugs', and she was thinking about getting her ear pierced like you did. : ) That is cool, Mattea! You should post a pic, or send me one on AIM.

LOL about the hicks and coyotes. I saved your page so Mom could read it.

XOXO

~han