Monday, June 15, 2009

the Slacks are Back

Well, the Slacks are finally home. Friday we moved them into their new house. It went pretty quickly as there were plenty of people to help. It was fun to see all of the Slacks' new furniture as it was being unloaded lol. Mrs. Slack had sold all their old things and bought new, which was really cool. And it was awesome to see all of them--the last time I saw Mariah, Jordan, and Mrs. Slack was in September, I believe, at a wedding. 

Then yesterday we went to a "welcome home Slacks" picnic. We played ultimate, of course, and it was fun but Beth and another kid collided which sent Beth home with a killer head ache and fuzzy vision. Not fun. I felt so bad for her. (she's doing pretty fine today though--no concussion) But we kept playing and even though our team had 3 players less than the other team, we did pretty well. When my family had to leave, we were tied 7-7. 

We have finally had two sunny days in a row. The past week it has been rainy every day, which had me quite depressed with nothing to do. I really need to get my license. But of course then I'll have to have a way to pay for gas if I ever want to go anywhere........

Tonight my two younger sisters have a piano recital. Then tomorrow we are going to a home school curriculum fair. We have a table booked for the evening, and we are hoping to sell a lot of home school books we don't need anymore. 

Then this coming weekend my cousin, Chris, is getting married!! I can't wait. Although he isn't my first cousin to ever get married (two others have but they are old enough to be my parents), this will be special because I really grew up with him, more or less. He lives right down the hill from us, and whenever he and Andrew would go into the woods to build forts, or have jewel-weed fights, I was always there right behind them (much to their annoyance, I'm sure lol).

6 comments:

sherlock said...

Jewel-weed?

I played ultimate!
I suck!
ha ha ha ha ha

Yay for the slacks! They are such cool people!

Your gonna be so mad at me.

but i am joining face-eater.... :-(

Sorry! I tried holding out for as long as possible, but a friend is moving and it's kinda the only way to keep up with him. Sooooooo

I will be keeping up with my blog just as much.

And I will be using fb minimally.

I promise.

On penalty that you can go ahead and spam up my block as much as possible.

han said...

Good for you! That's exciting.

I'm working on those pics right now.

: )

~han

mattea kiriel said...

FaceBook?? Aww sherlock....but I won't hold it against you. :-)

Jewel-weed is this flimsy, rather tall plant that grows all over the forests around here. It is super easy to pull up, and doesn't hurt (much) when someone smacks you in the face with it. lol. There is this juice inside of it that also happens to sooth poison ivy and stinging nettle.

siah said...

cool beans.

Anonymous said...

NEW POST!!!

What, did you join facebook or something?

mattea kiriel said...

lol, NO I did NOT join facebook!!!

I've just been busy. I'll post soon :)