Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Non Sbatti La Porta (Per Favore)

Mom has that written on a sticky note next to the door that I can see from here. It means "do not slam the door (if you please)". lol 

Sunday we went to the Milano's for home church, and afterward there was a graduation party. We hadn't known there was going to be one, but we ended up staying till 6:00pm anyway, just hanging with people. 


Mostly it was great to get to know the people there better. Most of them I've known for my whole life through various home school things, but other than that I never saw them. So its been good to cultivate those old relationships, as well as start knew ones. One girl (Erin) I actually took karate with quite a few years ago, but we never got know each other since most of the time we attended different classes. These past few months we have hit it right off though, and it turns out we have lots in common. I think she is the only girl right close to my age, but I counted on my fingers and there are 18 people I have become better known with between the ages of 13 and 25. Pretty sweet. 


It funny how in each church, there is usually a specific game that people like to play. Well at this gathering, it's volleyball. Its not one of my favorites (simply because it is rather painful), but its still quite fun (though not as fun as Ultimate). I hadn't played volleyball since last summer, so I'm not exactly what you would call "good" at it, but I was able to hit the ball several times (ouch), and other times I was able to duck so that someone else could run up and hit it for me. Hahahaa....

The people who's house we were at had the COOLEST tree house out back in their woods. It was AWESOME. It had a nice big deck area, and then an enclosed part too. I was talking with one young adult, and she was like "Oh man, this is sooo cool. If this was mine i would seriously sleep out here every night during summer." And then after a pause she added, "and you know what, I'd do it even in winter! Just have two sleeping bags right? And maybe a little tube to breathe out of so you could get down inside of it." Hahahaha.....that was funny.

2 comments:

han said...

ah man, we should have taken our frisbee to the beach. You could have taught us how to play ultimate.
We'll have to remember that.

I'm going to tell Mom about that quote! That's so neat.

~Han

mattea kiriel said...

We should have!