The Beach (obviously): Our beach house was not even a 1/2 mile from the Atlantic, so we would bike over every morning. I think it was the most fun I have ever had at the beach, because Hannah lent me a wet suit, which meant I could stay in the water 10 times as long as usual. We also had boogie boards which provided ceaseless entertainment. I was very happy with myself come Saturday that I had not been flipped and spun underwater by a wave once the whole time. I thought to soon. Literally 5 minutes after thinking that, a big wave swept me off the board and I spun around underwater. It then proceeded to happen again a little after that. lol. All part of the beach experience I suppose.....We also built several sandcastles (payed for that with a sunburn), found some cool shells, saw dolphins not-close-enough and a fish too-close-up. Ha ha ha.
The Pool: The weather was so great that we only went to the pool 2 or 3 times. We tried going to the outdoor pool once, but it was closed except for the baby pool. Hannah and I decided we wouldn't try that one out. lol. When we were at the pool, we played a rousing game of boys-against-girls, keep-the-underwater-divey-toy-away-from-the-other-team game. That was very fun, but I'm surprised we didn't get hurt more than we did. At times, 5 people would dive after the same toy all at once....lol, it was fun to watch. We also had competitions to see who could swim the longest underwater....Hannah and Mr. Yearick definitely won that. :P
Pool (as in the the game with balls and sticks and a green table): Whenever we weren't out doing something, we play pool at the house. That was very fun. Micha and Stephan usually beat me (unless they happened to put the 8 ball in at the wrong time), so I didn't officially win until the last night, which was against Rachel. Hahaha....But I was rather exultant anyway, since it was the first time I'd won (I do wish I had been able to beat the boys though....lol).
Tennis: We played tennis a few times. The first time I ever served, it was just my luck to hit the ball up over the fence and into the gutter of the pavilion next door. However, using our intuitive spy skills we managed to drag over a garbage can, stand on it, and retrieve that ball. Hahaha. After that I think I kept the ball within bounds, thankfully.
Kayaking on the Sound: That was very fun and a first for me. It was rather tiring the first day, but by the end of the week it was easier. It was so gorgeous out on the water. We paddled right next to the geese, and saw a few crabs and snakes. And I never capsized, for which I was very happy!! He he he he.
We also did a lot of biking around, a little shopping, a little wedding watching (there were two lol), and a lot of being crazy.
And I still can't believe that I went there.
So now I'm back home, for which I am glad. I miss the Yearicks, but that was the longest I've ever been from home alone, and am happy to be with my family again.
We finished school, so I'm just enjoying springtime. I have decided that mid to late May is my favorite time of year here.
I had my junior year prom two Saturdays ago.....lol, that is just what I'm calling it. It was actually a local square dance with friends. (It just happened to land on prom weekend.) But I would rather go to a square dance than a stuffy prom any day. So yes, the Summer has kicked off to a good start.
3 comments:
okay, you can STOP gloating about your summer being started now. (j/k). I'm paying for all those ski days in January.
I want a blog. I should campaign again.
Did you go to see Star Trek? I know A already did, so are you?
~Han
Sounds like SO much fun. ;)
No, I haven't seen Star Trek.
Post a Comment