We celebrated Misha's 9th birthday this weekend. I am so thankful for that wonderful girl! Lizzy and I were both wondering what her birthday would have been like had she still been in China, in an orphanage. Also wondering if her personality would be the same, if she would still like the same things. It just shows you how God's planning is so perfect. Out of the millions of girls over there in need of a family, we got Misha, who is the perfect fit for our family. I couldn't imagine life without her.
Yesterday during homechurch we had a bit of excitement.....the gas company has been surveying our land and the area around it for several months now, and now they are beginning to lay down cables which will allow them to test for natural gas. The process involves a helicopter dropping bags that look like huge basketballs from a hundred feet in the air. Inside of the bags are the cables. Well, during church one of those helicopters was flying over us almost constantly.....which was a bit of a distraction but its very exciting as well. I'm really hoping that they would drill on our land. There are gas wells to the north, south, east, and west of us, and the circle keeps tightening and tightening....odds are, they'll HAVE to drill on our land! I least I hope so. =)
Okay...I'm off to take a run, or something like that.
1 comment:
Sounds like your summer got more exciting! Yay! Now all you have to do is come to my house. : )
~Han
Post a Comment