Thursday, August 27, 2009

Of Herbs and Stewed Rabbit

As a final hurrah for summer I decided to read the trilogy of the Ring. I love Tolkein's writing. He is one of the first people I want to meet when I get to Heaven. I'm not sure I'll be able to finish the whole thing on time though....school starts on Monday and I'm only just starting The Return of the King sooooo.......I'll have to read really fast if I want to complete all 3 books. We'll see.

AND.

I AM GOING TO BE A SENIOR THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it. Its crazy and.....unfathomable really. This is going to be my last "first day of school". 12th grade was something that I esteemed very much when I was in 4th and 5th grade. But then I didn't really think much more about it for years -- it was just too far off. Practically another "whole life" away from me when I was 8. And now its here. I'm having another one of those "wow I am really old" moments.

I'm looking forward to school starting again though. Its good to be part of a routine, and get away from everything for while. When doing school I can just "be" and live in the moment; it's hard to worry about life when solving a math problem. =)

I am sad that this is my last year of being home schooled, however, so in that way I wish that school would never start and I would always have another year of home schooling ahead of me :). But I know that can't be......and I know that after high school there are plenty of adventures and good times to be had. And thats all I'm going to talk about post high school. Because at the moment, I'm still right IN high school, thankfully. :D


2 comments:

han said...

I know what you mean...I looked forward to this time in my life when I was little. Now, I'm not so into it, but that's okay. It could be worse. : P

Love you, girl! Text me!!!

~Han

siah said...

Being a senior is scary eh?

I'm just wondering where to go from here!

(loved the title btw)