Saturday, December 26, 2009

Does 3 PM on Xmas Eve Count as Last Minute Shopping?

Today is a wonderfully drippy, gray day. I have decided that I will quit my griping about the weather when its rainy, or about the bareness, or the constant brown and gray. I shall choose to see the beauty....even if its hard to find.

And we shall see how long that mindset lasts.

I had a pleasant Christmas. We got up at 7 am, which is really a remarkable improvement from 5:30 like in years past. And it was still dark, so it didn't really matter. I got several articles of clothing (my favorite being red flannel pjs lol), a couple books, a wallet (my first REAL wallet--I've used duct tape up till now), some slipper boots that are very soft and warm (I suffer from chronic cold feet--literal cold feet not the "I'm gonna back out of this because I'm nervous cold feet"). And my favorite, a gold charm necklace. The necklace itself is new, but the 3 charms were my Mom's when she was a little girl so......its special =).

We had roast beast for christmas dinner. Er, excuse me, roast BEEF. And loads of cookies and cake for dessert.

Then one of my favorite parts: we all just lolled about. Not often are we ALL home, ALL day, so its fun to All be together, just having "fun", even though we aren't exactly doing anything. hahaha

In the evening, we went to my grandparents and celebrated with my cousins. So there was more good food. And wassail!!!!

The whole week was busy really: outings with friends, last minute shopping, going to friends' houses.......lots of fun.

1 comment:

han said...

Aaaa! I missed three posts! That's what happens when I don't have baby sitting or library stuff, haha.

Oh, that's not nice, assigning a big paper the last day of school. Ick. But hey, I love those people! (Now that I'm done with it, mwahahaha)

Stay warm!

~Han