Lots has happened since the fire...My uncle Eric came up from florida along with one of his sons, Steven. Steven is ten and that was the first time he had seen snow. And it was a pathetic excuse for snow, but he enjoyed it anyway (we had had snow on the ground constantly until the week before and after they came--now we have loads again!). Hopefully they will come up again next winter and we'll have more snow.
My grandma Nancy is staying with us this weekend. My Papa T had surgery today to remove aneurysms from his leg (it went very successfully, thank God), and he will be in the hospital until Sunday or Monday so my grandma needed to be "watched". She has some sort of anxiety/depression disorder and can't really live by herself. So far its gone pretty well. All I can say is that Maryah and I have made lots of cookies, and they are being consumed a lot faster than normal....I didn't know the elderly had such sweet tooth's! lol
The past two weeks I've been stressed out over my 5,000 word research paper I have to write...not the actual writing, that's fine, but I can't think of a topic!! I've spent hours researching research paper topics! There is something that is not fair about that. And then I fall asleep thinking about various topic ideas....and the Olympics, which I've been staying up way to late to watch....makes for odd dreams, I'll give you that.
At first I was thinking I'd write it on an idea, or problem in society today, but all of them are depressing and frustrating. So even though I had said I wouldn't write a biography this year, I think I'm going to. We'll see. It kind of depends on what I can find the most information on. I need to make up my mind fast though. Normally I'd have my paper half done by now.
Last Sunday we celebrated Chinese New Year for Misha. Apparently this is the year of the Tiger, I believe. We went to a rather large Chinese restaurant about an hour away from here to meet a lot of other families with adopted chinese girls (I guess I should say "kids" because there was one boy there, from Korea, which was neat....you don't see adopted boys that often, at least around here). They were all sooo cute it was unbearable. I wanted to squeeze them all. :) But that is impossible to do because first they are all reaaaaalllly shy, so you can't even walk near them, and then, after they have gotten over their shyness, they run around like crazy and it is impossible to catch them. I have to say, Misha was the cutest though :-) =D
It has been fun watching the Olympics, even though I'm sleep deprived. Most of the people I'm rooting for have done well. I was happiest that Evan Lysacek took gold in the men's figure skating though!! He seemed a lot more humble than the Russian dude with the unpronounceable name, and is definitely the best on the American skating team. I think I would have been sick if Johnny Weir(d) had won. Well, it just makes me sad to watch him because he is so very.....lost.
Anywho, Misha has been begging me to go outside with her....so I'm off to build a snow fort or something. :o)
1 comment:
good post! I wish the olympics weren't on so late. I stayed up for all of the men's figure skating final, but I was pretty much brain dead at the end of it. Happy with the outcome, though.
Go Kelly Clark!
Post a Comment