Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Seventeen Snowball Fights with Tennessee Williams

I know that's an odd title but....it'll make more or less sense after you read this. :-D

SO. Lots has happened, but I'll start at the beginning...of the fun, that is. Sunday was church, and then afterwards we had a huge snowball fight. There were about 20 of us all together, and without any direction it became a boys against girls fight. Of course. Us girls definitely had the disadvantage, seeing as our aim is terrible and our arms not as, er, strong, but we had the advantage of loyalty on our side. The guys would end up fighting each other just as much as they fought us, but us girls stuck together. And as the saying goes, united we stand, divided we fall. So it ended up being pretty even. The fight went on for two whole hours. I haven't been in that long of a snowball fight in ages. For the last half hour, it was down to just 5 girls and 4 boys, and we pretty much just stood in this huge snow drift and flung chunks of snow at each other with only 6 inches of space between us. Hahahaha....that was the most fun part, because at times we would laugh so hard that we wouldn't be able to throw anything at all.

Yesterday, Tuesday was my birthday!!! Seventeen years old!! I am reaaaaalllllly excited. The transition to 16 wasn't that easy, but going from 16 to 17 is awesome, for some reason. I don't feel any older, which is a good thing :). And I got a camera! I'm psyched about that. Its a Nikon "coolpix" and is 12 mp with a 5x optical zoom. It's really nice. It's funny because I hadn't asked for one, but lately I've become rather intrigued with the idea of photography....hahahaha...and somehow my Dad guessed that.

My birthday fell on soup night so I celebrated with both my sets of grandparents, my aunt and uncle, and two of my cousins. Grandma made my favorite soup, and mom made my cake...very delicious. :)

And then....this morning we woke up at 3:30AM and hopped in the car and drove to Tennessee!!! And that is where I am now. For about a month mom and dad have planned to pick up Andrew for spring break, but all the logistics kept falling through. They continued to fall through until Monday, but then everything got straightened out. So we didn't even know we were definitely going until then. We drove down in Andrew's car so that he can have that for the rest of the semester because Dad bought a new car that is right in AL. (We sold our SUV a few months ago, and have been squeezing until we could find another car that could fit us all). We'll get Andrew on Friday morning, and then from there drive to Tallahassee to spend the weekend with my cousins. After that we'll drive west, and probably spend the week on the coast, but we're not sure exactly where we'll go yet. hahaha....we're really winging it.

And....I was disappointed when I found out that Tennessee Williams' (the play writer) real name was Thomas. Hhaahah, I know, that's random.

P.S. if there are any mistakes...please excuse them. I don't have time to edit ;).

3 comments:

han said...

Ooo, a new car. That will be fun!

Waiting for pics...: )

~Han

han said...

I wish I could have seen the snowball fight!

~Han

Rebecca said...

Wondered how you were going to fit in Tennessee Williams! :)