Last night, after a horrendously long 8 hours packed in the new car that didn't fit our over head carrier and thus we had to carry our bags on our laps, we made it to Tallahassee. (I know, that was a run on sentence). During that car ride I was way under-stimulated. After the car ride I found myself over-stimulated. The reason: Winter Jam 2010!!!!! It was amazing!! Andrew, Isaac, my cousins Michael and Jordan, and I all went to the civic center (a huge building) and got to see a whole bunch of christian music artists. First there was Fireflight, which we missed because we had to stop and get some supper. But I was okay with that because I don't like them--personally, I don't think the whole "gothic-christian" thing works very well. So when we arrived New Song was playing. They were really good. 3rd were the Newsboys!!! With the new singer, Michael Tait, of course. At first I was incredulous that I'd still like them, but they are great. They even surprised us by singing Jesus Freak!!!!! I NEVER thought I'd get to see that in concert!! They sang a few others, as well as He Reigns which is one of my favorites.
After the Newsboys was....*drum roll please*...Tenth Avenue North!!!!! My absolute favorite band. They sang Hold My Heart, By Your Side, and part of Hallelujah. Wonderful.
Last was Third Day. He sounds the same live as he does in recording--but he looks kinda creepy if you ask me lol. They did a great job too, and sang a lot of different songs. Robert Pierre also came out during the intermission and sang. He is good for being so young.
Pictures were hard to get because of the lighting and the distance, so I mostly took video. But here are a few good ones.

New Song

Tenth Avenue North!!!!!

Newsboys!!!

^This is the back of a truck that we saw on the way here....^

On Thursday we went to the Chattanooga aquarium. And there was also a butterfly room :).

1 comment:
Yay! What a fun trip. 10th Ave. North is really good. I'm learning some of their songs on guitar. : )
Nice butterfly pictures!
~Han
Post a Comment