So I threw out the biography idea. I just can't write about depressing topics because it makes me depressed.
Thankfully, the last day in FL my Mom mentioned to me something about seeds and how I could write about them.....my Aunt had suggested writing about the national debt, as that is what Michael had just written one on ( I thought about stealing it and saying it was mine, but my evaluator knows me too well--I'd never write on that subject). I politely refused that suggestion, and hung onto the seed idea. It made me think about the Svalbard Global Seed Vault, that big freezer just 800 miles from the north pole that protects crop variation. So I decided to write about that, and the importance of protecting our seeds against genetic modification. (Although the seed vault Trust is neither for nor against GM, they only house pure seeds, which is very good).
So far, that topic has proved to be very interesting, and it's not a pain to have to research. This is good because I dislike researching things--though I do like the writing part of it. :)
It is FINALLY warmer out!! Last evening it sleeted like crazy, and accumulated about an inch of snow. It was still there until late this morning, and now it is near 60 out. Yesterday it was 30. Talk about a jump in temperature. This weekend it will be in the 70s! Finally, we have the hope of a warm easter. The past few years its been in the 50s. And as my Dad keeps reminding us, there was a snowstorm on May 15 of '77 so we aren't out of the woods yet. lol
Nothing new has really been going on....the noise and the gas company is still here. I'm not used to it yet. This morning they woke me up at 6:30 and I was like "be quiet! I want more sleep!!" And I did fall back asleep. Lately, I've actually been sleeping really well. Maybe I'm more tired with the "longer" days or something...I don't care what's doing it though--I like it! hahahahaha
I am very excited about Easter. Last night Sanna said "Easter is not about plastic. It is about Jesus, and giving people flowers, and sharing pencils." LOL she got the first part right, but where on earth do the pencils come in???
3 comments:
I wish I got pencils every easter...
fun research topic. I started one on Robert E. Lee, but never got past the research part. Bleck.
Sanna is too cute!
I wish they still gave me a pencil when I go to the dentist office! Those were the days....
One of my little cousins wrote his first paper on R. E. Lee....
Post a Comment