Thursday, April 08, 2010

The Second Death

Dramatic title, I know. But I couldn't help it :). Dad and a few friends have been working Saturdays to clear up the inn, and Dad pulled it down about a week ago. He pushed it into the basement, and then burned it. Ironic, I know. The firemen spent all that time putting it out, just for us to relight it again. It was annoying though, because we had several people call 911 on us. And then we'd have to call them again and say "disregard that call that was just put in....they don't know what they are talking about....it's just a little fire in the basement....really controlled." Hahahaha..... it actually got pretty big at one point, but we had 7 people watching it, so it was controlled.
Life and Death

It's gone..... :-( Now that you can see the ground space it took up, it makes the house seem like it was really small. It always seemed so big to me though.

We had a nice Easter sunday. Celebrated with my grandparents and Aunt and Uncle.


Misha. I had to argue with her for so long to get her to pose for the camera :). It's unbearable, because she is so cute, but hates getting her picture taken!
Sanna trying out her newly discovered whistle. She, on the other hand, CRAVES photo ops. This one was candid, though (at least I think so. If she saw me with the camera she might have posed that way on purpose)
This photo is for Andrew :). They are hepaticas. These little flowers grow all over the forest floor in shades of pink, white, and purple-ish-blue. They spell springtime.

Tuesday we went over to the Cornfields to finish out home school project, a music video. We did the editing on the computer, and took a few more shots, and were able to complete it that day. Maybe if I get the gumption we'll post it on youtube. lol....its not all that great, but it turned out better than I had hoped. It's to the song Activate by Stellar Kart. I want to make another one though, because a second one would turn out better now that we know how to do it. A tip: music videos are sooo much easier to make during warm weather. When we filmed ours back before christmas, it was 10 degrees out, and all of the filming was outside. BRUTAL. When we went to film a few finishing clips on Tuesday, it was so much easier and so much more fun. The contrast of winter to spring was neat though, because we were playing on the theme of not being "activated" to being "activated".

4 comments:

Halifirien Pilgrim said...

Yeah, before it was only half dead, hahahahaa....

Wow, those hepaticas are neat. I wish we had those down here.

Was Misha always photo-shy? I can understand how she feels. Mom had to take my graduation pictures last week and I didn't like it. Bleck. : P

mattea kiriel said...

I'm pretty sure she always has been.

oh grad photos. Dad tried to get some in FL, but I'm not sure if its the one. We'll see :)

Rebecca said...

fantastic photos of your sibs! :)

mattea kiriel said...

thanks mom :)