It was a gorgeous day for a party. About 5:00pm it had started to sprinkle so I was nervous for a while. We have spent the past 2 weeks preparing for this like crazy...mainly landscaping....and if we couldn't be outside.....
But what do you know, by 6:30 when everyone arrived it had cleared off and was a spectacularly beautiful evening.
We played ultimate frisbee. I'm not sure who's team won, but I'm going to say it was mine. Ha ha ha.
Then we sat around the campfire....Andrew, Chris and Jordan played the guitars and mandolin some. Most people left by about 10 pm but Joe stayed late, along with the people riding with him, so I got to hang with Delian and Chris until past midnight.
All in all I had an awesome time...which I was kind of afraid I wouldn't because I rather hate getting attention. But what do you know it wasn't painful at all! lol...I came away very encouraged.
We had it be a surprise 50th birthday party for my dad as well, and he had a great time too.
Friday night was a barn dance that our friends, the Markells, host once to twice a year. It was a blast! I get a bit better at it each year, so its more fun as each consecutive year passes. Here's a pic of me dancing with Danae...I was just about to "swing 'yer partner round":
I think we were doing a square dance in that photo, but we also did circle dances and line dances. I think the Virginia reel is one of my favs....but the circle dances are fun too.
On Father's Day I was rather tired, but in a great mood from the party the night before hahaha. We went to church....then decided to go up to the C's and visit. Jarred and Mr. C hadn't been able to make it to my party because of Jarred running in Nationals...but they were back on Sunday and Dad had missed visiting with Mr. C....so that's what we did.
Just 4 more days until I graduate officially!!!
3 comments:
Incredible weekend for an incredible girl!
I'm so glad you had fun!
Less than 24 hours now...
good times good times! :) :)
Post a Comment