Monday, June 14, 2010

Rain, Rain Don't Go Away!

The past two weekends have been quite filled to the top. Last week I went down to VA with Maryah for the day to celebrate Hannah's graduation. We left at 5:00 a.m. and got back at about 9:00p.m., so it was long long day but it was worth it. It was great to see her family and meet some of her friends. 

I drove an hour down to VA, and then 2 hours back, and dad actually slept while I was driving...so he must be pretty comfortable with my skills. Either that or he fainted from fear. Ha ha, I tend to think it was the former, however. I love driving on highways. It's so much easier and feels safer, and I don't get mad when people pass me, cause they are passing me legally. (Some drivers are really mean to poor-learning-how-to-drive-me...even though I am totally going the speed limit). 

This past saturday the Slacks came up for the afternoon and supper. Mariah did a photoshoot of all of us girls, we played Birchtown, had a campfire, went for a hike, and had really good food. 

Yesterday we went to church at a friend's house. Their home is nestled right into the hills--even more so than our house is--and is surrounded by woods and pastures and ponds. So lovely. After eating lunch we had a baptismal so we all marched a 1/3 of a mile down to the aforementioned ponds. My friend Aylah was getting baptized, and Maryah decided to too. Aylah went under, and came up. Maryah went under, and came up. And right about then it started to rain. It wasn't raining, and then it definitely WAS raining. It was coming down at a pretty steady rate so I started to run for it, but that seemed to only make matters worse. So I walked with everyone else. I should have kept running. About half way to the house it started POURING. I mean, monsoon type pouring where you become instantly soaked. 

However, we made the best of it....and the rain is actually really fun, especially when you can't get in trouble for purposely getting wet...because everyone was wet. So I grabbed Aylah's hands and we proceeded to twirl around, the rain beating down on us, and sang "Singing in the Rain" at the top of our lungs. Which wasn't a very pretty sound....but it was ridiculously fun. Ha ha ha. 

We finally made it to the house. My hair and clothing was soaked. I could literally wring water from my skirt. I felt like a nymph.....and since then, I've kind of wished that I could really be one. lol

That was fun. The ride home wasn't so fun. Since the q7 is in the repair shop from our little accident (the guy is being grouchy about giving us the money for it) e brought two cars: the mercedes and the old ford, neither of which have AC. So i was crunched in the back of the mercedes still very wet. We had to role the windows down so we wouldn't suffocate, and seeing as it was still pouring...it was rather adventurous and loud and wet and windy. It was right at that moment that you called, Delian, so if I sounded confused and bewildered, that's exactly why. 

We spent the evening at my grandparents for a picnic (it never rained here). Too much good food. Hahaha....it was wonderful to spend time with Uncle Bruce though. He hadn't been here for 2 years because of the imprisonment. (he kind of defrauded the bank, which had to do with loans and fake "floor plans", to help his business.....he upped and confessed though and started to pay them back to the best of his abilities. But he got a mean judge who wouldn't see the light of day and sentenced him to 3 years in jail. My uncle got out a year and a half early though, because he was so good. He literally changed the jail, and all the people he interacted with because of his humble, faith-filled spirit. I'm not saying it was at all easy for him....the first year was really hard for him and he struggled with bitterness. but God changed his heart and made it all work together for good. Kind of a "Joseph" story, really. And I meant to make that a long story short, but it ended up long anyway haha).

After that I watched the kids while mom and dad went out with the C's to a movie. Which is something they never do, but they had a really nice time. We watched a movie ourselves...put the kids to bed...then I stayed up too late. Well, it was "only" 11:30, but I had to get up rather early for work (cleaning my grandpa's house). And if I don't get my 9 1/2 hours.....hahaa, I feel lame saying that, because mom is so happy when she gets 5 hours straight. 

Today and tomorrow we are getting all organized for the homeschool curriculum sale in the evening...we'll see how much we can get rid of. :) Last year we sold everything, which was awesome. But we had a good table, and I doubt we'd be lucky enough to get the same one again. 

2 comments:

Delian said...

I MIGHT SEE YOU TODAY! <3 <3
...and
I've always wanted to be a nymph! although I've always wanted to be a lot of things...nymphs have always been high up on the list tho!

hehehehe you DID sound confused
and now I know :P

mattea kiriel said...

I didn't get to see you... :( but I did get to see Dem ;) I missed you though! And if demory didn't give you the book you can go...do something to make her give it to you.

Yes nymphs are awesome.